While scoring is always fun, in order to be successful in NHL 21, you’re going to need to learn the fundamentals of defense to shut down your opponent’s attack. No move is more important on the ice when playing defense than the hip check. Here is everything you need to know about how to hip check in NHL 21.
How to Hip Check in NHL 21
In order to perform a hip check, you need to be hustling. This is essentially your player’s turbo speed and can be done by pressing in the right stick (R3).
Hustle toward the player you want to take out, continuing to hold the button down, and press L1 on PS4 or LB on Xbox One just before impact.
If you’ve timed it right and were in the right location, you’ll successfully execute the move on your opponent and get the puck away from them.
It is important to note that there are a number of different penalties that can be drawn on you if you aren’t checking them properly. Everything from interference to boarding to charging can be called if you aren’t targeting the player with the puck in open ice.
How to Hip Check in NHL 21:
- Move toward your opponent using hustle (R3).
- Hold down the button and press L1 on PS4 or LB on Xbox One just before impact.
- If you’ve timed it right and were in the right location, you’ll successfully hip check your opponent.
Be aware of where and who you’re checking, as you can get called for boarding, charging, or interference if you aren’t careful.
That is everything you need to know about how to hip check in NHL 21. For more general advice and guides for the game, search Twinfinite, as you’ll surely find some helpful articles that’ll answer any question you may have.
- Why NHL 21’s “Be A Pro Mode” Is EA’s Most Immersive Yet
- NHL 21 Review – Line Change, Please
- NHL 21 Officially Announced, Check Out the Stylish Reveal Trailer Here