The NBA 2K series has always offered players an impressive amount of customization options, including the ability to create custom jump shots. Using this feature, you’re able to build a player with unique moves and tricks according to your style. Here’s how to unlock custom jump shots in NBA 2K21.
How to Unlock Jump Shot Creator & Custom Jump Shots in NBA 2K21
Once you’ve started your MyCareer, either play through the tutorial games or skip them. Either way, you’ll be drafted into the NBA immediately and have your opportunity to start forging a new career as a professional.
From the moment your player’s career starts, the Jump Shot Creator is available. It can be found under the MyPlayer Appearance tab in the MyCareer menu.
From here, you can purchase new shots from the ‘Animation Store’ using VC or build custom shots.
Notably, last year the jump shot release timing was changed so that using the Quick Draw badge was the only way to make your jump shot quicker, but that change has been reverted. You’re now able to change the release timing again this year.
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of the process:
- Start a new MyCareer and complete the tutorial either by playing through the games or skipping them.
- You’ll then be able to immediately access the Jump Shot Creator.
- You can then access this again at any time by heading to the MyPlayer Appearance menu.
You should also see some related content below that may prove helpful. If you’re unable to find an answer to a specific question then feel free to sound off in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.
- NBA 2K21 Turns the Neighborhood Into an Entire City for Next-Gen
- NBA 2K21 Adds WNBA MyPlayer & Online Modes to Next-Gen Versions
- NBA 2K21 Removes MyPlayer Pie Charts & Adds 24 Takeovers for Next-Gen Versions
- NBA 2K21 Improves Movement & Contact for Next-Gen; PS5 Gets Exclusive Controller Features
- NBA 2K21: How to Change Pro Stick Aiming