The NBA 2K series has always offered players an impressive amount of customization options, including the ability to create custom jump shots. Using this feature, you’re able to build a player with unique moves and tricks according to your style. Here’s how to unlock custom jump shots in NBA 2K21.
How to Unlock Jump Shot Creator & Custom Jump Shots in NBA 2K21
Once you’ve started your MyCareer, either play through the tutorial games or skip them. Either way, you’ll be drafted into the NBA immediately and have your opportunity to start forging a new career as a professional.
From the moment your player’s career starts, the Jump Shot Creator is available. It can be found under the MyPlayer Appearance tab in the MyCareer menu.
From here, you can purchase new shots from the ‘Animation Store’ using VC or build custom shots.
Notably, last year the jump shot release timing was changed so that using the Quick Draw badge was the only way to make your jump shot quicker, but that change has been reverted. You’re now able to change the release timing again this year.
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of the process:
- Start a new MyCareer and complete the tutorial either by playing through the games or skipping them.
- You’ll then be able to immediately access the Jump Shot Creator.
- You can then access this again at any time by heading to the MyPlayer Appearance menu.
You should also see some related content below that may prove helpful. If you’re unable to find an answer to a specific question then feel free to sound off in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.
- NBA 2K21: How to Make a Perfect Shot
- NBA 2K21: How to Shoot Free Throws and Score
- NBA 2K21: Best Finishing Badges
- NBA 2K21: How to Get Drafted in the First Round
- NBA 2K21: How to Get Fans Fast