Updating NBA 2K21 will ensure your rosters are kept up-to-date, new features are available to you, and bugs and glitches are fixed and won’t plague your sessions on the court. While the game will sometimes update on its own, other times you’ll have to manually dive into your system settings and check for an update to push it through. Here’s how to update NBA 2K21 on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC.
How to Update NBA 2K21
As we noted above, sometimes you’ll find that NBA 2K21 will simply update itself when your system’s turned off. This will likely happen if you’ve got your system’s ‘power’ settings set to download updates when in standby. Other times, you’ll load up the game and access one of its modes to find out there’s a roster update you need to complete. But in some instances, you’ll need to push the update to begin downloading yourself.
Down below, you’ll find platform-specific step-by-step instructions on how to update NBA 2K21 for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC. If you’ve got any more questions, let us know in the comments below.
Updating NBA 2K21 on PS4
- Check ‘Notifications’ from your PS4 home screen
- Select the NBA 2K21 Icon on your home screen.
- Press ‘Options’ on your controller and select the ‘Check for Update’ option.
- Any available updates will then begin downloading. You can check their progress in your ‘Notifications.’
Updating NBA 2K21 on Xbox One
- Head to ‘My Games and Apps’ from your home screen.
- Go to the ‘Manage/ Queue’ option on the left sidebar.
- Select ‘Updates’ from the options that appear.
- If NBA 2K21 appears, select it and press the ‘Menu’ button on your controller.
- Select the ‘Update Game’ option. You can check the progress of your updates in the bottom right-hand corner of the ‘My Games and Apps’ screen.
Updating on Nintendo Switch
The Nintendo Switch doesn’t always use an automatic update system, so instead you’ll need to simply press A on the NBA 2K21 tile on your home screen.
If there’s any update, you’ll receive a message informing you that you have to update the game before you can play. Confirm this and wait for the update to be done before trying to load up the game again.
If this doesn’t work, select the game’s icon from your home screen and press + on your right Joy-Con. Select the ‘Software Update’ option, and let your Switch do the rest of the work for you.
How to Update on PC
As long as you’ve got Steam open, it’ll automatically keep all of your games up-to-date by downloading updates as soon as they’re pushed for release. If you’re wondering how big an update is, or how long it’s got left, you can click on ‘Downloads’ at the bottom of the Steam window.
That’s everything you need to know on how to update NBA 2K21 on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC. For more tips, tricks, and guides on the game, be sure to check out our ever-expanding guide wiki.
- NBA 2K21 Patch Adjusts Shot Meter; Adds More Ankle Breakers
- NBA 2K21: How to Make a Perfect Shot
- NBA 2K21: How to Shoot Free Throws and Score
- NBA 2K21: Best Finishing Badges
- NBA 2K21: How to Get Drafted in the First Round