While it’s sometimes best to stick to the simple things in basketball, it’s sometimes fun to try the spectacular. The highlight of every basketball montage is dunks and they’re a huge part of 2K‘s game. So that you can show off as you score points, here’s everything you need to know about how to dunk the ball in NBA 2K21.
While you might want to do a dunk at all times in NBA 2K21, it’s best to keep them for when the risk is low. That’s because it’s quite easy to mess them up.
How to Dunk the Ball in NBA 2K21
To score a dunk, you first need to be sprinting towards the basket. To do that, hold R2 if you’re on PS4, RT on Xbox, or ZR on Switch. Then, you need to press shoot when you’re in range, which is tied to Square on PS4, X on Xbox One, and Y on Switch, and push the left stick towards the basket.
Instead of pressing shoot to dunk, you can instead use the right stick to change the type of dunk you do. While holding sprint and pushing the left stick towards the basket, push the right stick up to do a two-handed dunk.
Alternatively, you can push the right stick left or right to choose which hand to dunk with in NBA 2K21. Push the right stick down to do a flashy dunk. If your player’s dunk stat isn’t high enough, you’ll do a layup instead.
It’s helpful to learn the best time to use each dunk type, trying each one to avoid defensive blocks.
- Epic Games Store Offers Free NBA 2K21 Alongside Mega Sale
- Xbox Game Pass Adds NBA 2K21, Football Manager 2021, and More in March
- NBA 2K21 Turns the Neighborhood Into an Entire City for Next-Gen
- NBA 2K21 Adds WNBA MyPlayer & Online Modes to Next-Gen Versions
- NBA 2K21 Removes MyPlayer Pie Charts & Adds 24 Takeovers for Next-Gen Versions