For a free-to-play mobile game, Genshin Impact is a seriously impressive RPG. You’d be hard-pressed to find many premium games that offer the same quality of gameplay, production values, and depth of content. Still, it isn’t without its problems, and there are a number of pesky connection issues that are bothering some players. Here’s how to fix the launch button greyed out error in Genshin Impact.
How to Fix Launch Button Greyed Out in Genshin Impact
Rather like Error Code 4201 and 4206, as well as the “Failed to check updates” issue, the launch button greyed out problem basically stems from a problem with your game connecting to miHoYo’s regional servers.
From what we can tell, the problem does seem to be on the players’ end rather than the server itself. Basically, Genshin Impact scans for assets and updates to download at the start of every new game session, but if anything malfunctions with that process you’re unable to play.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a single quick-fix solution for you to resolve the issue. You’ll instead have to work through a checklist that essentially boils down to repeatedly trying to connect before admitting defeat and reinstalling the game. Not ideal, we know, but that’s the truth of it.
First, try to manually force the game to update. This is achieved on PC by visiting your Genshin Impact file and locating the “Update Program,” while mobile and PS4 players can check for updates by simply clicking on the game and attempting to launch it.
Note that PC players struggling with this issue should also attempt to boot the game from the .exe file in their Genshin Impact folder, rather than relying on the short cut as this seems to make a difference in some people’s experience.
If either of those options didn’t work for you then you should also check the following:
- Manually reboot your internet router.
- Change your connection type from WiFi to an ethernet cable since WiFi / cellular networks are less reliable.
- For those who cannot use a cabled connection, try changing or switching between the channels of your router, and switch the band from 2.4 to 5ghz.
- Make sure your Network Address Translation (NAT) is set to Open.
After having ticked off all of these potential solutions, if you’re still struggling then you may have to resort to a full reinstall of the game if you simply can’t wait any longer and nothing else appears to be working.
That’s all the information we have on how to fix the launch button greyed out error in Genshin Impact. Sorry that we couldn’t be more help, but at least the game’s upcoming Patch 1.1 is set to launch next week and should resolve a bunch of these connection errors.
In the meantime, you can find more tips and guides on the game over on our wiki page.
- English Voice Actor for Genshin Impact’s Tighnari Faces Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct
- How To Complete Genshin Impact Starlit Sky Web Event
- What Yelan’s Ascension Materials Are in Genshin Impact
- Genshin Impact’s Five Yakshas Come to Life With New Year Woodblock Prints
- All Ascension & Talent Materials For Genshin Impact Dehya