The Fortnite Midas Flopper has been added in as part of the v14.20 update for the game. Just like every other type of Flopper in the game, this one has its own unique effects that it’ll grant the player. In this guide, we’re going to be talking about how to get the Midas Flopper in Fortnite and what it does.
Getting the Midas Flopper in Fortnite
The Midas Flopper can be caught in Fortnite by fishing wherever you see the groups of fish swimming together underwater. These are often marked by some disturbance on the surface of the water, such as bubbles and ripples.
To get the Midas Flopper, you’ll need to be incredibly lucky. According to popular Fortnite leaker, HYPEX, the item has been enabled in the game with a spawn chance of 1%. In other words, you’ve got a 1/100 chance of catching one each time you go fishing in the game.
What Does the Midas Flopper Do?
If you’re lucky enough to get a Midas Flopper, consuming it will turn almost every weapon in your inventory to Legendary rarity. It appears as though some weapons are not upgraded to Legendary rarity, as shown in the clip from LG Kaidoz below.
It may also be the case that the Midas Flopper is a little bit buggy during its initial time in the game, but rest assured Epic Games will get a fix pushed out for it in the near future.
That’s everything you need to know on how to get a Midas Flopper in Fortnite. Have you caught one yet? How long did it take you to catch? Let us know down in the comments below.
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5’s Event Was a Reminder of Just How Far the Game’s Come
- Square Enix Celebrates Tomb Raider Anniversary with Survivor Trilogy Bundle, Fortnite Crossover, & Cookbook
- What’s New in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6? Everything You Need to Know
- Fortnite Joy-Cons Coming for Nintendo Switch in June
- Fortnite’s Zero Point Is Now Pulsing & Glowing Purple