FIFA 20’s online meta was all about getting small spaces in congested boxes to get a shot away and utilizing the drag back skill move was a huge part of that. To combat how overpowered is has been, EA Sports has changed the input for it. So that you can weave it into your game this year, here’s everything you need to know about how to do a drag back in FIFA 21.
What the drag back does is allow you to change direction very quickly when moving with the ball. You’re able to turn 180 degrees, getting some space away from a defender to get a shot or pass away.
How to Do a Drag Back in FIFA 21
Previously, you had to hold R1 and move the left stick in the opposite way your player is moving with the ball.
Now however, you need to hold both R1 and L1 on PS4 (LB and RB on Xbox One) while moving the left stick in the opposite direction to where your player with the ball is moving.
That change has been done to make it not quite so easy to do the drag back move. EA Sports has also made it so that the player error increases more dramatically in FIFA 21 when doing more than one in succession.
Therefore, you can’t spam drag back to try and get space, like you would in FIFA 20, because your player will more than likely lose control of the ball. You’ll need to do one, wait, and then do another one, if you want to minimize the risk of player error. After all, there are plenty of other skill moves you can do.
- Electronic Arts Announces Financial Results Above Expectations as FIFA 21 Passes 31 Million Players
- The Sims 4 Almost at 36 Million Players; FIFA 21 Passes 25 Million; EA Announces Financial Results Above Expectations
- Brand New FIFA 21 Promo, What If, Starts This Week
- Liverpool’s Diogo Jota Was Ranked First in the World in FIFA 21 This Weekend
- FIFA 21 Team of the Year Voting Begins Tomorrow