Pre War Money is one of the many different items you can get in Fallout 76. As its name suggests, this is something that’s managed to survive the radiation and atomic bomb blasts that left the world in the state that it is once you emerge from the vault. On your adventure in Appalachia, though, you may be wondering how to get Pre War Money in Fallout 76. Well, here’s everything you need to know about this handy item.
Fallout 76 Pre War Money Locations
Pre War Money isn’t just found in one specific location on the map. There are a number of objects that Pre War money will commonly be found in. These are as follows:
- Cash Registers
- Settler Corpses
- Inside Transport Containers Carried by Cargo Bots
- Supply Drops from Dropped Connection Events
What Pre War Money Is Used For
Pre War Money is actually classed as a ‘Junk’ item. This means that it doesn’t have any immediate use, but you shouldn’t just go throwing it away.
Pre War Money can be broken down and turned into ‘Cloth’ which is an incredibly useful crafting material in the game. You can break down Pre War Money by using any of the following benches or stations:
- Armor Workbench
- Chemistry Station
- Power Armor Station
- Tinker’s Workbench
- Weapons Workbench
Cloth can be used to craft and upgrade your armor and weapons, or repair them from their damaged state. This makes Pre War Money an incredibly handy resource to farm, as it’ll mean you’ll never be left wanting for Cloth again.
That’s everything you need to know about getting Pre War Money in Fallout 76. For more tips, tricks and guides, head on over to our Fallout 76 guide wiki.
- Fallout 76 Roadmap of New Content for 2021 Announced
- Fallout 76’s Big Inventory Update Increases Stash Size & Adds Other UI Improvements
- Fallout 76’s Steel Dawn Recruitment Trailer Tees Up a Wasteland Martial Law
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Fallout 76, Soulcalibur VI, and More in July
- Bethesda’s Fallout 76 2020 Roadmap Reveals New Content