Following the latest update to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and its Battle Royale mode, Warzone, players are now suffering with a gun glitch that corrupts weapon textures and can completely cover a player’s view. It also makes the ‘glitcher’ appear as a giant black box on the screen of opponents. In this guide, we’ll talk you through all you need to know on how to fix the gun glitch in Warzone.
Fixing the Gun Glitch in Warzone
First and foremost, it’s worth pointing out there is no surefire way of fixing the gun glitch, given that some players have stumbled upon it even when using the random weapon they’re given inside the Gulag.
However, some players have reported varying degrees of success fixing the problem by simply removing all optional visual customization options on their weapons. Doing so obviously makes your weapon a little duller, but at least you’ll be able to see what you’re doing!
Is a Gun Glitch Fix Coming in a Warzone Patch?
Yes! Developer Infinity Ward has already noted the issue on its public Trello board which tracks the progress of glitch and bug fixes. According to the “Reports of Corruption Appearing on the End of Weapons After the Latest Update” card on the Trello, the gun glitch is being worked on, and will be fixed in a future update.
For now, then, it’s simply a case of doing your best to fix the glitch with our method above, and waiting for Infinity Ward to roll out the patch to fix it properly. Not ideal, but it’s the best we can offer at this moment in time.
That’s it for how to fix the gun glitch in Warzone. For more tips, tricks, and guides on Warzone, be sure to check out more of our coverage below.
- New Ricochet Anti-cheat System Arrives in Call of Duty: Warzone Next Month
- Scream’s Ghostface is Coming To Call of Duty: Warzone & Black Ops Cold War
- Call of Duty Vanguard Revealed in Warzone, Coming to PS5, Xbox Series X|S, & More Nov. 5
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Gameplay Trailer Revealed at Summer Game Fest
- Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War, Warzone, & Moble Go Back to the ’80s With Rambo & McClane