In the ragdoll battle to the death that is Gang Beasts, players will need to climb if they’re going to avoid elimination. Due to the nature of the controls, though, this can be tricky and you may think you’re doing something wrong. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to climb in Gang Beasts on Xbox One, PC, and PS4.
Gang Beasts Climbing Controls
There are a few different climbing maneuvers you can do in Gang Beasts, depending on the situation you find yourself in.
Climb: A normal climb can be used to scale a ledge and keep your flailing character in the action. This is done by pressing the following button combinations:
- PS4: Hold R1 + L1 + X
- PC: LMB + RMB + Hold Space Bar
- Xbox One: Hold RB + LB + A
Jumping Climb: If you need to scale a tall object or wall that the normal climb simply won’t get you up, you can always try the Jumping Climb instead. This involves jumping while your character is grabbing hold of a wall:
- PS4: Hold R1 + L1 + Double-tap X
- PC: LMB + RMB + Double-tap Space Bar
- Xbox One: Hold RB + LB + Double-tap A
Getting Your Legs Up
It’s all well and good having your Gang Beast clambering their way up a surface, but when you reach the top you’ll need to get their legs up and over the ledge so you can properly return to the action… and avoid elimination.
To do this, you’ll need to press the inputs for headbutting and kicking at the same time, alongside your grab. We’ve cleared this up for you below.
- PS4: Hold R1 + L1 + Hold Square + Circle
- PC: LMB + RMB + Hold Space Bar + Ctrl
- Xbox One: Hold RB + LB + Hold X + B
You’ll also then need to use either the left analog stick on Xbox One and PS4, or WASD on PC to move your character’s legs in the direction that you want. You’ll ideally want to swing them to one side of your character for the best result.
That’s all you need to know on climbing in Gang Beasts. For more tips, tricks, and guides, be sure to check out more of our coverage below.
- Gang Beasts to Get Added to Xbox Game Pass Lineup Next Week
- Gang Beasts Launches for PlayStation 4 on December 12 With New Modes