The Yo-kai Watch event is back in Eorzea, and there are a few new weapons and mounts for players to farm. Here’s everything you need to know about the FFXIV Yo-kai Watch 2020 event in FFXIV, and how you can get started and obtain the new rewards.
How to Start the Yo-kai Watch 2020 Event in FFXIV
First off, you need to have a character at level 15, and you need to have completed the Envoy story quest in either Gridania, Ul’Dah, or Limsa Lominsa, depending on which city you started the game in. Go to Ul’Dah and talk to the Poor-heeled Youth NPC at the Steps of Nald to get started.
You’ll be directed to Nohi, the Wandering Executive in the Gold Saucer, and he’ll be the NPC to go to when you want to trade in your medallions for rewards. Once you talk to him, you’ll be given a Yo-kai Watch and Medal.
Getting the Minions
The first step is to acquire the event-exclusive minions. With your Yo-kai Watch equipped, you’ll need to farm Silver and Gold FATEs in the following areas:
- A Realm Reborn: La Noscea, Black Shroud, Thanalan
- Heavensward: Any area
- Stormblood: Any area
By completing the FATEs, you’ll be rewarded with Yo-kai Medals, which can then be exchanged with the Wandering Executive for minions. The first minion will cost only one Medal, but subsequent ones will cost three Medals each, so be prepared to grind.
Next up, you’ll want to get the event weapons. These also involve grinding FATEs, but this time, you need to summon a minion and complete the FATE with them out to get a legendary Medal. This Medal can then be exchanged for a weapon.
Each minion is linked to a different weapon, which means that you’ll need to complete the FATEs multiple times with a different minion each time to get them all.
Getting the Mounts
Finally, you should unlock the mounts naturally as you’re grinding for the minions and mounts. We’ve listed the criteria for unlocking them down below:
- Whisper-go: Acquire 13 minions.
- Whisper A-go-go: Acquire 13 weapons.
- Jibanyan Couch: Acquire 17 weapons.
As you can probably tell, this is an extremely time-consuming and grindy event.
That’s all you need to know about how the Yo-kai Watch 2020 event works in FFXIV. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.
- FFXIV’s Aether Data Center Reaches Maximum Capacity; Congestion Solutions in the Works
- FFXIV Is Partnering Up With Twitch for the Return of the Fat Black Chocobo Mount
- Final Fantasy XIV Massive Crystarium City Made With LEGO Will Make You Want a FFXIV Set
- Let’s Predict FFXIV: Endwalker’s Second New Job
- Here’s How FFXIV’s Take on the Sage Job Compares To Previous Final Fantasy Games