Patch 5.3 is finally out for Final Fantasy XIV and it brings the Shadowbringers story arc to a close. Before that, though, we still have a new dungeon to get through. Here’s how to clear The Heroes’ Gauntlet dungeon in FFXIV.
FFXIV The Heroes’ Gauntlet Dungeon Guide
First Boss: Spectral Thief
- Spectral Dream: Tank buster, heal through as necessary.
- Dash: Large circular AoE around the boss, move out as quickly as possible.
- Spectral Whirlwind: Group-wide attack, heal through as necessary.
- Chicken Knife: Orange markers appear above all players’ heads. Spread out to avoid stacking damage.
- Shadowdash: Blue line AoEs pop up all over the arena, and one large orange AoE pops up on one side. Avoid as necessary.
Second Boss: Spectral Necromancer
- Absolute Dark III: Large cone AoE in front of the boss, avoid as necessary.
- Necromancy: Four dark holes appear at the sides of the arena and spawn enemy tethers for each player. Run away from them as much as you can until the bodies fall, then avoid the bodies as they explode.
- Necroburst: The enemy tethers can stick to you and explode, heal through as necessary.
- Chaos Storm: Group-wide attack, heal through as necessary.
Third Boss: Spectral Berserker
- Beastly Fury: Group-wide attack, heal through as necessary.
- Wild Anguish: An orange stack marker appears above a player’s head, stack together to share the damage.
- Wild Rage: A blue circle appears at the side of the arena. Stand as close to its edge as possible so that you don’t get knocked off the arena with the pushback effect. Immediately after that, all players get dark pink markers on them and should spread out. Rocks will appear at your position, stay near the rocks to mitigate damage from the next orange marker that appears above each player’s head.
- Wild Rampage: Stand in the dark blue hole in the ground to avoid damage.
- Raging Slice: Large cleave attack directly in front of the boss. Avoid as necessary as he does this multiple times.
That’s all you need to know about how to clear the Heroes’ Gauntlet dungeon in FFXIV. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.
- FFXIV’s Aether Data Center Reaches Maximum Capacity; Congestion Solutions in the Works
- FFXIV Is Partnering Up With Twitch for the Return of the Fat Black Chocobo Mount
- Final Fantasy XIV Massive Crystarium City Made With LEGO Will Make You Want a FFXIV Set
- Let’s Predict FFXIV: Endwalker’s Second New Job
- Here’s How FFXIV’s Take on the Sage Job Compares To Previous Final Fantasy Games