The reboot of the classic Battletoads games is finally here and is a modern take on the beat ’em up. As you progress, you’ll come up against increasingly tricky enemies, some of which will defeat you while you’re getting used to them. So that you don’t lose too much progress in levels, here’s everything you need to know about how to save your game in Battletoads.
How to Save Your Game in Battletoads
Thankfully, the saving system in Dlala Studios’ game is pretty simple and reliable. It will auto-save pretty regularly, whenever you hit checkpoints or finish levels.
You’re also able to see when the game auto-saves because a target or reticle looking icon will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen.
If you’re wanting to quit the game and want to make sure that you come back to the same point next time you play, just wait for that icon to appear and then disappear and you should be fine to quit, safe in the knowledge that you won’t have lost any progress.
Unfortunately though, that’s the only way to save your game in Battletoads. There is no manual save option in the menus, so you’ll have to wait for the auto-save icon to appear.
In short, to save your game in Battletoads
- Hit a checkpoint in the level
- Wait for the target icon to appear on screen and then disappear again
- Your progress will then be saved
That’s everything you need to know about how to save your game in Battletoads. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to search for Twinfinite.
- Battletoads Has Surpassed One Million Unique Players Since Launch
- Battletoads: Tips & Tricks for Beginners
- Battletoads: How to Take an Enemy’s Photo in Warning Distance (Photobombed Achievement)
- Battletoads: How to Prop up Jercurian Tourism Industry (Mementoads Achievement)
- Battletoads: How to Beat the Guardian