Just like in real life, the toads of Battletoads need to rely on their long tongues in able to get the job done. Whether it’s for battle or traversal, there is a fair bit you need to know about how to use it properly if you want to progress throughout the game. Here is everything you need to know about how to aim and attack with your tongues in Battletoads.
How to Aim and Attack With Your Tongues in Battletoads
To activate the aim for any of the toad’s tongues, press down on the LT button. You’ll use the left analog stick to aim in whatever direction you need to, though prompts vary depending on what you’re doing.
If you’re trying to pick up flies (Health), aim in their direction and press Y. You can also use your tongue to attack with LT and X. Hold down LT and X to pull an enemy in striking distance; to rush an enemy do the same thing, but tap X instead.
Lastly, your tongue will also be used to traverse between the foreground and background of some levels. This is indicated whenever there are rings on both sides of the area.
Aim whatever direction you want to go while holding down LT and then press B to move between rings.
With all of that tongue knowledge in your back pocket, the goons the Battletoads will face don’t stand a chance.
How to aim and attack with your tongues in Battletoads:
- Press LT to Aim.
- Press B to traverse foreground and background.
- Press Y to pick up health.
- Press X to attack enemies.
And that is just about everything you need to know about how to aim and attack tongues in Battletoads. For more helpful tips, tricks, and general FAQs, be sure to check back with Twinfinite, as we have plenty of Battletoads guides and extra coverage.
- Battletoads: Tips & Tricks for Beginners
- Battletoads: How to Take an Enemy’s Photo in Warning Distance (Photobombed Achievement)
- Battletoads: How to Prop up Jercurian Tourism Industry (Mementoads Achievement)
- Battletoads: How to Beat the Guardian
- Battletoads: How to Enter DLALA Code (The DLALA Code Achievement)