A few weeks back, Animal Crossing: New Horizons players found that it was possible to hack special cosmetic trees into their game. One of the most popular options was the star fragment tree where instead of regular money bag trees, the bags were replaced by star fragments instead.
This had no impact on the gameplay, and once you shook the trees, they’d just fall off and become regular trees again. However, Nintendo has just pushed out a new patch for the game that converts those hacked trees into regular money trees.
After the dream suit became available in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, players with hacked trees in their worlds were allegedly reported to Nintendo for cheating, and this is what led to the company’s decision to patch out the trees. You can check out the full patch notes down below:
- Fixed an issue where trees could mature and contain things other than the normal fruit, etc.
- Fixed an issue where shining soil disappears after returning to your own island after a dream and buried Bells appear in that location instead.
- Fixed an issue where the player swings their shovel through the air when attempting to hit a rock placed at a certain location.
Sadly, if you had any star fragment trees around as decoration on your island, they’ll all be gone when you install the new patch.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All New March Bugs, Fish & Sea Creatures You Can Catch
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Mario Items
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get the Festivale Float
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get Valentine’s Day Items