Dyeing your armor in Minecraft is a great way to set yourself apart from other players in the game. Perhaps you want to wear your team’s colors, or maybe you’re playing a game with your friends within Minecraft that requires you to be wearing a certain color. Regardless of why, we’ll talk you through how to dye leather armor in Minecraft.
Dyeing Leather Armor in Minecraft
First, it’s worth pointing out that only leather armor can be dyed in Minecraft. Any other type of armor will remain the color of the material you made it out of.
Next, you’ll need the following items:
- Dye (Color of your choice)
- Leather Armor
Place the Cauldron down in your house or a safe place and fill it with the water you’ve got in a bucket. You should now have water in your cauldron.
Next, select the colored dye from your hotbar and interact with the cauldron with it equipped. The water should now turn to the color of the dye you just added to it.
Select the leather armor part that you want to dye and interact with the cauldron again to dye it. You’ll have to dye each piece of your leather armor separately, but the process takes no time at all.
Most colored dyes can be used by simply smelting or placing a flower of that color on your crafting table. Others, such as purple require players to combine blue and red dye on a crafting table. We’ve included a list of how to make all dye colors in the game below.
How to Make All Dye Colors in Minecraft
- Red – Place a Poppy, Tulip, Beetroot or Rose Bush in your Crafting Table.
- Green – Smelt a cactus.
- Purple – Combine Red and Blue dyes on your Crafting Table.
- Cyan – Combine Green and Blue dyes.
- Light Gray – 1 Gray Dye + 1 White Dye or 1 Black Day + 2 White Dyes or 1 Azure Bluet.
- Gray – Black Dye + White Dye.
- Pink – 1 Red Dye + 1 White Dye or 1 Pink Tulip or 1 Peony.
- Lime – 1 Green Dye + 1 White Dye.
- Yellow – Dandelion or Sunflower.
- Light Blue – 1 Blue Orchid, or Blue Dye + White Dye, or Lapis Lazuli + Bone Meal or White Dye.
- Magenta – Combine 1 Purple Dye + 1 Pink Dye, or 1 Lilac Flower in Crafting Table.
- Orange – Combine Red Dye + Yellow Dye
- Blue – 1 Lapis Lazuli in Crafting Table or 1 Cornflower
- Brown – Cocoa Beans
- Black – Ink Sac
- White – Bone Meal or Lily of the Valley
Now you know all there is to dyeing leather armor in Minecraft. View more of our coverage on the game below.
- Minecraft Caves & Cliffs Update Split Into Two Parts Coming This Summer & Holiday Season
- 10 Fun Things to Do in Minecraft When You’re Bored
- Minecraft Dungeons Hits 10 Million Players; Free New Cape & Pet on the Way in Celebration
- Minecraft Dungeons Flames of the Nether DLC Coming February 24
- Minecraft Earth Is Being Shut Down This June