Obsidian’s Entertainment’s Grounded has just launched in Early Access, and as you’d expect from a survival game, collecting various resources and materials forms a core part of the experience. That includes Ant Eggs, which adds a rather explosive new addition to your crafting list once you’ve taken one home and analyzed it. But for those struggling to even find them in the first place, here’s how to get Ant Eggs in Grounded.
How to Get Ant Eggs in Grounded
It shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that Ant Eggs are located within the confines of ant nests. You’ll need to descend into the labarynth of tunnels in order to find various chambers likely to house the little white eggs themselves. Before you attempt that, make sure you have a torch handy.
It shouldn’t be too difficult to locate some eggs, but if you’re struggling then one trick is to clear a room full of ants and then return to that same room a day or two later. You should find a bunch on the floor to harvest. Once you have, press E to pick them up.
Remember that while worker ants aren’t hostile to your presence, any solider ants you see will instantly pursue you and won’t hesitate to attack.
After you’ve found an Ant Egg you can return to your tent and analyze it. Doing so will add the Trip Wire Bomb to your crafting list, which should prove a useful trap for clearing pesky enemies in your path moving forward.
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown:
- Ant Eggs are found in ant nests. You’ll want to make sure you have a torch handy before descending down into their depths.
- Search for white eggs on the floor, which are typically located within various chambers of the nest. Beware of soldier ants who will attack on sight.
- Press E to pick up any eggs you find. If you aren’t able to locate any then try wiping a room of ants and returning the next day or so — you should then see eggs on the floor waiting to hatch.
That should be everything you need to know about how to get Ant Eggs in Grounded. For more useful tips and guides on the game, search Twinfinite.
- Grounded 0.6.0 Update Adds Bees, Mosquitos, and More
- Obsidian’s Grounded Passes 5 Million Players & Gets New Trailer Featuring Koi Pond Update
- Grounded’s Latest Update Adds Player Perks, Bird & More
- Check Out The Last of Us Part II’s Grounded Update in New Trailer
- Over 1 Million People Have Played Grounded in its First Two Days