Developed by Sucker Punch Productions, Ghost of Tsushima is a brand new open world adventure game developed exclusively for the PS4, and is also easily one of the most highly anticipated game releases of the year. The game is set in the late 13th century, and players will take control of a samurai named Jin, who’s resolved to protect his clan during the Mongol invasion. Here’s how to get iron in Ghost of Tsushima.
Getting Iron in Ghost of Tsushima
Iron is a resource that you can find in Ghost of Tsushima, and it’s used primarily for upgrading your weapons. The stronger your weapons get, the more iron you’ll need to upgrade them and bring them up to the next level.
Thankfully, this is one of the more common resources you can get in the game. Down below, we’ve listed all the possible ways you can obtain them:
- Reward from liberating enemy outposts.
- Common loot found in enemy outposts, strongholds, and farms.
- Can be bought from Trappers in exchange for supplies that you find around the world.
The best way to get iron is by liberating enemy outposts, which are indicated by red dots on your map. It’s a fixed reward for each liberated outpost, so the more of these you do, the more iron you’ll get. Do note that it’s only a fixed reward for outpost liberation, and not strongholds. They can still be found as common loot drops in strongholds and farms, but they’re not a guaranteed reward for clearing those out.
Finally, if you have a surplus of supplies, you can trade them with any Trapper NPC in the open world to get even more. Considering how common iron is in the game, though, it’s definitely recommended that you try to seek it out yourself and save your supplies for other more valuable materials instead.
That’s all you need to know about how to get iron in Ghost of Tsushima. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- The Last of Us Part II, Hades, & Ghost of Tsushima Lead Nominations for 2021 GDC Awards
- Ghost of Tsushima Actor Promises to Agree to Butt Nudity if He’s Chosen for the Film
- 5 Actors Who Could Totally Play Jin in The Ghost of Tsushima Movie
- Ghost of Tsushima Film Adaptation Announced, Directed by Chad Stahelski
- Ghost of Tsushima Dev on Respecting Japanese Culture & How Sony Allowed Sucker Punch to Take Its Time