Ghost of Tsushima is the latest game from Sucker Punch Productions, best known for their work on the PS4 exclusive inFamous series. This game is set during the late 13th century, when the Mongols have invaded the island of Tsushima. Players will take control of a samurai named Jin, who’s resolved to protect his family and clan during the invasion. Here’s how to get gold in Ghost of Tsushima.
Getting Gold in Ghost of Tsushima
Gold is one of the more valuable materials in Ghost of Tsushima, and it’s used in high level melee weapon upgrades. As you upgrade your weapons to make them stronger, further upgrades will start to require gold as a crafting component, and these are a little trickier to get than the low level materials like iron.
Listed below are all the ways you can get gold in Ghost of Tsushima:
- By liberating enemy strongholds
- Looting outposts, strongholds, and farms
- Buying them from Trappers in exchange for supplies
Gold will be gifted to you as a guaranteed reward for liberating enemy strongholds on the world map. Strongholds are indicated by the red building icon the map and are not to be confused with the red dots, which are smaller enemy camps and outposts. Each time you clear out a stronghold, you’ll be rewarded with some gold.
In addition to that, if you have a ton of supplies on you, you can trade them with the Trapper NPCs from the third region onward. Gold can also be found as rare loot drops whenever you’re scavenging for materials in outposts, strongholds, and farms, though they are a lot less common than your regular materials.
If you’re looking to get a large amount of the resource quickly, you’ll definitely want to focus on liberating those enemy strongholds as soon as you can.
That’s all you need to know about how to get gold in Ghost of Tsushima. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Ghost of Tsushima Voted Game of the Year by Japanese Game Developers & More on Famitsu
- Ghost of Tsushima Fans Help Restore Torii Toppled by Typhoon in Real-World Tsushima
- Ghost of Tsushima Wins Player’s Voice Award at The Games Awards
- Ghost of Tsushima Getting Handsome Jin Sakai Figma Figure
- Watch the Show Inspired by Ghost of Tsushima on Japanese TV and Discover the Game’s Unique Setting