Pokemon Sword & Shield marks a generational leap for the entire franchise, which brings with it a bunch of new gameplay mechanics and systems. That includes changing weather patterns, which can determine when certain Pokemon are able to be caught. In both the main game and its new DLC expansion, players are able to manipulate the weather to improve their chances of catching Pokemon. The method is the same for both, but the specifics are slightly different. Here’s how to change weather in Pokemon Isle of Armor.
How to Change Weather in Pokemon Isle of Armor
Those who have played Pokemon Sword & Shield extensively will no doubt be aware that conditions change at a specific date every month; therefore, changing the weather is as simple as changing the date in the console settings of your Nintendo Switch. Twinfinite has written a detailed guide on this process if you’re unfamiliar.
But the long and the short of how to change the weather is as follows:
- Press the Home button on your Nintendo Switch
- Access System Settings
- Access Change Time and change it by at least a few hours
The real difference between the main game and Isle of Armor is when you’re wanting to change the weather to a specific condition.
Unlike in the game, in which specific weather conditions occur on the 1st of every month, for Isle of Armor it is on the 15th.
Here’s a breakdown of what weather you can expect on each given month:
- Jan. 15, Oct. 15: Foggy
- Feb. 15: Overcast
- March 15, Sept. 15, Nov. 15: Clear
- April 15, June 15: Rainy
- May 15, Dec. 15: Intense Sun
- July 15, Aug. 15: Thunder
- Pokemon’s The Crown Tundra Expansion Already Looks Way Better Than Isle of Armor
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: The Isle of Armor Review – Kub Fu Fighting
- Pokemon Isle of Armor: How to Become Friendly with Kubfu
- Pokemon Isle of Armor: How to Evolve Krokorok
- Pokemon Isle of Armor: How to Evolve Marill