The original Persona 4 featured a couple of branching endings, and with the release of Persona 4 Golden on the PS Vita, there are two new endings to go for in addition to those. These are a little trickier to get, though, so we’re here to walk you through the process. Here’s how to get all endings in Persona 4 Golden.
How to Get All Endings in Persona 4 Golden
There are a total of five endings in the game: bad, normal, accomplice, true, and the true ending with the new epilogue included in Golden.
Bad and Normal Endings
There are actually three variations of the bad ending in Persona 4 Golden. These can all be unlocked during the major story event on Dec. 3, when you get to choose from a series of dialogue options when talking to Yosuke.
- Choosing “Push the bastard in” will give you the first variation.
- Choosing “I can’t stay here” will give you the second variation.
The third variation requires you to choose the following dialogue options in the conversation with Yosuke:
- “Wait a second here…”
- “We’re missing something.”
- “Namatame’s true feelings.”
- “Something’s been bothering me.”
- “We’re missing something…”
- “Calm the hell down!”
After choosing the above options, you’ll get another scene later where you’re asked to identify the killer. If you pick the wrong option three times, you get the third variation of the bad ending.
For the normal ending, follow the same steps as above and identify the killer correctly, but do not choose to protect them. This will lead you to the normal ending.
The accomplice ending is a new addition in Persona 4 Golden. To get it, you simply need to get the new Jester social link up to rank 6 before Nov. 4. Follow the steps listed above and identify the killer correctly, then choose to protect them.
True and Golden
The True and Golden endings can only be unlocked if you get on the normal path and identify the killer correctly and confront them.
After that, play through the game normally until you get a chance to say goodbye to all your friends in Inaba. After saying goodbye, pick ‘No’ when the game asks if you want to head home, then go to the Junes foodcourt for another cutscene. This will unlock the final dungeon and put you on the true path.
For the Golden ending, follow all the above steps, but make sure to max out the Aeon social link before Dec. 24 to unlock it and get the new epilogue.
That’s all you need to know about how to get all endings in Persona 4 Golden. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.
- Persona 4 Golden Getting Hero Nendoroid Figure and He’s Super-Cute
- Persona 4 Golden on PC Sold Much More Than Expected; Sega Expanding Multiplatform Strategy for New & Old Games
- Persona 4 Golden Sold 500,000 Copies on PC
- Finally, This Persona 4 Golden PC Mod Lets You Romance Best Boy Yosuke
- 6 Reasons Persona 4 Golden on PC Is a Must (Re)Play