Sniper rifles in Destiny 2 have had a bit of an up and down history, but it appears as of year 3 they are finally here to stay. Snipers are fun to use in Destiny 2, so we here at Twinfinite welcome our new overlords. In this guide, we’re going to go over the best sniper rifles to use in PvE, PvP, and Gambit in Destiny 2 in 2020, so you can pad your collection out with useful weapons.
There’s a bit of crossover between the two lists, but for the most part it shakes out like this. Exotic weapons are more meta in PvE, while legendary weapons dominate the Crucible and PvP for snipers.
Year 3 of Destiny 2 in 2020 has seen the rise of Izanagi’s Burden. Izanagi’s Burden is useful on just about every encounter of Garden of Salvation, especially its challenging final boss and is great in any high-end activity even after its nerf.
Whisper of the Worm, provided you can consistently hit precision hits, gives Izanagi a run for its money or can also exceed it depending on your skill.
Added in Shadowkeep is the Lectern of Enchantment Moon sniper rifle, Tranquility which is a hard hitting kinetic sniper that can roll with some great perks such as auto-loading holster and firing line.
In Season of Dawn, Trophy Hunter is another great sniper rifle you could have picked up which can roll with Vorpal Weapon, very nice for boss/end-game kind of scenarios.
Other solid legendary sniper rifle options for PvE in Destiny 2 include Alone as a God (a primary slot sniper) and Dreaded Venture.
Best Destiny 2 Sniper Rifles 2020
Best for PvE
- Alone as a God (Kinetic) – Random drop from the Leviathan raid.
- Beloved (Energy, Solar) – Reward from the Menagerie/Chalice of Opulence.
- Borealis (Energy, All Three, Exotic) – Random rare exotic world drop. It can swap between all three energy types.
- DARCI (Power, Arc, Exotic) – Random rare exotic world drop. Extremely high precision damage once locked-on.
- Dreaded Venture (Kinetic) – Random reward from Gambit.
- Ikelos_SR (Energy, Solar) – Clear the correct Escalation Protocol wave 7 boss or Prophecy dungeon.
- Izanagi’s Burden (Kinetic, Exotic) – Complete the Mysterious Box exotic quest. Can combine ammo into one super-charged shot.
- Tranquility (Kinetic) – Crafted at the Lectern of Enchantment on the Moon.
- Trophy Hunter (Energy, Void) – Obtained in Season of Dawn
- Whisper of the Worm (Power, Solar, Exotic) – Complete the Io Anomaly exotic quest. Returns ammo from reserves on precision hits.