Year 3 of Destiny 2 really improved the meta for Scout Rifles. It added some really great guns and in turn, it has found a spot in both PvP and PvE activities. Let’s go over the best scout rifles for PvE, PvP, and Gambit in Destiny 2 2020.
Season of Dawn added a great new automatic scout rifle for PvE called Symmetry. It’s a little tricky to use as you need to land precision blows to build up a charge that stacks to 15. Then, hold the reload button and it switches a gun that shoots homing arc bolts that explode for high damage for 10 seconds once you start firing it.
Polaris Lance is also very good in the right situations. It’s pretty nice in Gambit in particular as you can very safely chip away at a primeval from a long distance while keeping an eye on any invaders coming your way.
On top of that, every five critical hits will trigger an explosion with a DoT effect. It’s an extremely fun weapon to use on something that you can consistently rain critical hits on.
Night Watch is a very nasty PvE Scout Rifle that can roll with some powerful rolls. Look out for one with explosive rounds and subsistence. Same goes with Black Scorpion-4sr which is a VEIST Rapid-Fire which fit very nicely into the current meta. You can also go for Randy’s Throwing Knife but that is a little better suited for PvP.
Best Scout Rifles in Destiny 2
Best in PvE & Gambit
- Black Scorpion-4sr (Energy, Arc) – Rank-up packages from Banshee-44
- Braytech RWP Mk II (Energy, Solar) – Progress through the exotic quest Nascent Dawn.
- Night Watch (Kinetic) – Complete Gambit Prime matches, rank-up with The Drifter, or complete high tier runs of The Reckoning.
- Polaris Lance (Energy, Solar, Exotic) – Complete the exotic quest Nascent Dawn.
- Symmetry (Energy, Arc, Exotic) – Season pass reward from Season of Dawn.
- Destiny 2: How to Get Traveler’s Chosen Exotic Sidearm (Spoiler Free)
- Destiny 2: How to Get Ruinous Effigy Exotic Trace Rifle
- Destiny 2: All Moments of Triumph 2020 For MMXX Seal
- Destiny 2 Moments of Triumph Launched Alongside New Featured Raids
- Destiny 2’s Black Talon & Worldline Zero Swords Need a Rework