Bows, introduced in the Forsaken expansion, are still building up a roster of viable weapons. There are only a small handful of bows in the game right now, both on the legendary and exotic end of things, but there are still a few worth considering. These are the best bows in Destiny 2 for PvE, PvP, and Gambit.
There are only a handful of bows in total in Destiny 2, so we’re going to try and keep the below recommendations laser focused on truly the best bows in Destiny 2.
Trinity Ghoul with the exotic perk is arguably the best add clearing weapon in the game hands down. With the ability to trigger the Lightning Rod attack off of any kill while the exotic catalyst is inserted, Trinity Ghoul can wipe red bars off the map in a matter of seconds.
For the legendary bows in PvE, generally you want to grab perks such as Rampage, Explosive Head, Dragonfly and/or Archer’s Tempo as they are quite helpful for maximizing your DPS.
Similar to rocket launchers and swords though, the effectiveness of the best bows in Destiny 2 really comes down to rolls, and personal preference based on feel.
Leviathan’s Breath has a niche in Nightfall: The Ordeal. You can use it to stop an Unstoppable Champion without having to use Unstoppable rounds on one of your other guns. Plus, even aside from that useful perk, it hits pretty damn hard itself and can help with crowd control since it knocks everything back. It’s also strong in Gambit as it can one-shot enemy players, do decent damage to bosses, and has better than average ammo reserves compared to some other similar power weapons.
Best Bows in Destiny 2 (2020)
Best for PvE and Gambit
- Hush (Energy, Solar) – Complete the Gambit pinnacle quest, Hush Little Baby
- Leviathan’s Breath (Power, Void, Exotic) – Obtained via the exotic quest, Make Bows, Not War.
- No Turning Back (Kinetic) – Reward during Forsaken campaign, possible drop from high-end Spider Wanted bounties.
- Point of the Stag (Energy, Arc) – Iron Banner weapon during Season of the Worthy.
- Subtle Calamity (Energy, Void) – Random legendary world drop.
- Trinity Ghoul (Energy, Arc, Exotic) – Random rare exotic world drop.