Auto rifles have been in a weird spot for a while now in Destiny 2. They’ve been up and down, but now, especially in PvP, they are quite powerful again. These are the best auto rifles for PvE, PvP, and Gambit in Destiny 2 as of 2020 and Season of the Arrivals.
Breakneck got a bit of a buff following its nerf and is in an OK spot now for PvE. Fellow year two weapons such as Tigerspite, The Ringing Nail, and Hazard of the Cast all roll with pretty great perks and still pack a decent punch as of Season of Arrivals.
The usual perk spread of Rampage, Outlaw, and Kill Clip are all generally pretty great even with Rampage and Kill Clip getting nerfed in Shadowkeep. Disruption break is another one that is worth hanging onto on your energy weapons if you get it.
Speaking of Shadowkeep and Season of Dawn, the new legendary auto rifle from the Moon, Arc Logic, is quite powerful and has lots of unique perk options that you can roll for as much as you want. If you want a non-legendary that has high ammo reserves, Arc Logic is worth a look.
Finally, the new Garden of Salvation raid auto rifle, Reckless Oracle, is a solid choice as well especially in situations where you need to rip off some void shields such as… Garden of Salvation.
Hard Light is actually not that great of a gun in PvE. However, it does have the useful perk of being able to switch elements, which is very handy for Prism and anything that throws a ton of shielded enemies at you like Dungeons, Nightfalls, and secret missions.
Monte Carlo, added in Shadowkeep, now that’s an exotic that you’ll want for PvE as it’s a crucial weapon in many melee focused builds.
Best Auto Rifles in Destiny 2 (2020)
Best for PvE and Gambit
- Age-Old Bond (Energy, Void) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Last Wish.
- Arc Logic (Energy, Arc) – Obtained via the Lectern of Enchantment on the Moon.
- Breakneck (Kinetic) – Pinnacle weapon quest from The Drifter.
- Gnawing Hunger (Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing Gambit Prime matches and tier 2, tier 3 runs of The Reckoning.
- Hard Light (Energy, Exotic) – Rare exotic world drop.
- Hazard of the Cast (Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing Gambit matches.
- Monte Carlo (Exotic, Kinetic) – Random rare exotic world drop.
- Reckless Oracle (Energy, Void) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Garden of Salvation.
- Steelfeather Repeater (Kinetic) – Reward from the Sundial activity on Mercury.
- The Ringing Nail (Energy, Solar) – Complete power Black Armory auto rifle frames from Ada-1.
- Tigerspite (Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing activities in The Dreaming City.
- Uriel’s Gift (Energy, Arc) – Open legendary engrams and earn faction rank-up packages.