When the winter season hits your island in Animal Crossing New Horizons, you’ll find a layer of snow covers the ground. You’ll even be able to find small snowballs that you can roll about to make bigger. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to build perfect Snowmen (known as Snowboys in the game) and how you can get all of the special DIY recipes, too.
You’ll only be able to make a Snowboy in Animal Crossing New Horizons when the ground’s covered in snow. For Northern hemisphere islands, this will begin in the first week or two of December. In the Southern hemisphere, it’ll be around the second week of June.
Snowboys are created by finding two small snowballs on your island and rolling them around in the snow to make them bigger. After a while, you’ll begin to properly push and roll them around making this easier. Once the two snowballs are fairly large and up to your character’s head in height, you’re ready to push the smallest on top of the largest snowball to create a Snowboy.
If you’re looking to get the seasonal DIY recipes, though, you’ll need to create perfect Snowboys. Fortunately, we’re here to talk you through how to do exactly that.
How to Make Perfect Snowmen in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Find the Two Snowballs Somewhere on Your Island and Roll Them Into Open Space
- Roll One Snowball Around Until It’s Up to Your Character’s Eyes in Height
- Roll the Other Snowball Around Until It’s Up to Your Character’s Mouth.
- Now Roll and Push the Small Snowball (Mouth Snowball) On Top of the Larger One.
- A Snowboy Will Now Magically be Created, Sprouting a Carrot Nose and a Coal Smile
As long as you’ve got the sizes right, your Snowboy should congratulate you on making such a perfect snowman. Its body is perfectly proportioned and it’ll generally just be very delighted with your work.
If the Snowboy doesn’t go on about how perfect it is, you’ll need to try again. You can try hard resetting, but keep in mind that doing this while your game is auto-saving can potentially corrupt your data.
It’s worth noting that your first Animal Crossing New Horizons Snowboy will always be given a perfect rating, even if you get the snowball sizes wrong.
All Snowboy DIY Recipes
There are 15 Snowboy Seasonal DIY Recipes to get in Animal Crossing New Horizons. This means you’ll have to make 15 perfect Snowboys if you want to get them all. We’ve listed them all below, alongside their crafting materials.
|DIY Recipe Name||Required DIY Materials|
|Ice Candy||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x1|
|Frozen Chair||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x3|
|Frozen Counter||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x5|
|Frozen Table||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x8|
|Frozen Bed||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x10|
|Frozen Partition||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x6|
|Frozen Arch||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x10|
|Frozen Pillar||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x3|
|Frozen Sculpture||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x4|
|3 Tier Snowman||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x6, Tree Branch x2|
|Ice Wall||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x8|
|Ice Floor||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x8|
|Snowman Hat||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x5|
|Ice Wand||Large Snowflake x1, Star Fragment x3|
|Ice Tree||Large Snowflake x1, Snowflake x8|
That’s everything you need to know on Snowboys in Animal Crossing New Horizons. If you’re looking for more guides on the game, be sure to check out more of our coverage below, or head over to our wiki for every last one of our guides.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons