FromSoftware’s brutally difficult yet stunning third-person action game, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, is typically meant to be a single-player experience that forces you to learn the movements of your enemies while also adapting to the precise swordplay mechanics in play. But, if you ever dreamt of experiencing Fuedal Japan with a friend, this new Sekiro mod might be for you (credit to Kotaku for discovering this).
Just released this week on Nexusmods by modder LukeYui, Sekiro Online is an unofficial mod that adds PvP (player versus player) and cooperative play to the action title on PC via Steam.
According to the mod creator, this online experience isn’t identical to the Dark Souls games since they do not have the “skills and resources to completely duplicate flawless online play” but it’s playable at the moment despite some bugs and crashes with the mod running purely on P2P connection and not from a central server of any kind.
LukeYui released a gameplay video of the mod in action before it was released to the public, so if you wanted to check that out you do can do so right down below:
- This $470 Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Figure by Gecco Is a True Work of Art
- Sekiro Figma Action Figure Pre-Order Available With Images and Trailer
- Xbox One Spring Sale Is Live and Discounts Mortal Kombat, Dragon Ball Z, Sekiro, and More
- Dark Souls and Sekiro Veteran Composer Yuka Kitamura Confirms Working on Elden Ring
- The Steam Awards 2019 Winners Announced; Sekiro Wins Game of the Year