While you’re always looking to level up normally in Modern Warfare, levelling up your weapons is arguably more important because it allows you to unlock some of the best attachments. So that you can get to the best gear quickly, here’s everything you need to know about how to get Double Weapon XP Tokens in Modern Warfare.
They are pretty self explanatory. Any Weapon XP you earn with one active is doubled, allowing you to level up much, much quicker.
How to Get Double Weapon XP Tokens in Modern Warfare
There are a few ways to earn them in game. First, some challenges offer them as the reward, alongside blueprints, but the easier way to get them is by levelling up the battle pass.
Throughout the tiers that make up the pass, a lot of the rewards are double XP and double weapon XP tokens. Once you’ve levelled up normally and hit the tiers, you’ll be given the tokens to use.
Finally, ever since Modern Warfare released, you’ve been able to get tokens as bonuses when buying real world items. In the US, Doritos, Mountain Dew, and more have had them as bonuses that come as codes on or in packs.
How to Use Them
From the Play tab in the Modern Warfare lobby menu, press L3 and then press X/A on the double weapon XP token you want to use to activate it.
They work on real time, not in-match time, so only activate one before you’re about to jump into a match, because you’ll waste the double XP time if do it too early.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Update Reduces File Size
- SuperData: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Tops 2020’s Highest-Earning Premium Digital Games
- Modern Warfare’s Haunting of Verdansk Event Is Exactly What Warzone Needs More Of
- Modern Warfare’s Haunting of Verdansk Begins Tomorrow, Bringing Night Mode to Warzone
- New Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Update Brings Fixes and Nerfs To Newest Weapons