GTA V may have released a fair few years ago, but that hasn’t stopped it from remaining one of the most popular games for people to play each year. With GTA Online, players have the sprawling sandbox of Los Santos to do as they see fit. One of the many different activities players can take part in are GTA Online Freemode Challenges. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to start Freemode Challenges in GTA Online, as well as what they are.
What Are Freemode Challenges?
Before we dive into exactly how to take part in one of these online activities, you’ll first want to know exactly what they are. Simply put, these are random objectives that players can compete against one another to complete. In return, players will receive RP to increase their character level, as well as a cash prize that you can spend on a fancy new weapon or bit of property.
Up to 60 players can take part in the same GTA Online Freemode Challenge, so be prepared for plenty of competition.
All Freemode Challenges in GTA Online
There are 19 different challenges players can take part in. We’ve listed all of these alongside a brief description below:
- Driveby Challenge – Achieve the highest number of driveby kills on other players.
- Fly Under Bridges Challenge – Fly under the most bridges before time runs out.
- Headshot Kills Challenge – Achieve the highest number of headshot kills on players.
- Highest Speed Challenge – Set the highest speed record in a land vehicle before the timer runs out.
- Longest Bail Challenge – After bailing out of a vehicle, bail for the furthest distance to win.
- Longest Fall Survived Challenge – Fall the longest distance without dying.
- Longest Flying Inverted Challenge – Fly upside-down as close as you can to the ground for as long as you can.
- Longest Freefall Challenge – Without opening your parachute, fall for the longest distance in your lobby to win.
- Longest Jump Challenge – Perform the longest jump while driving a land vehicle.
- Longest Stoppie Challenge – Perform the longest stoppie on a motorcycle.
- Longest Wheelie Challenge – Perform the longest wheelie on a motorcycle.
- Low Flying Challenge – Fly the lowest to the ground for the longest distance.
- Lowest Parachute Challenge – Be the player to open their parachute closest to the ground after freefalling.
- Melee Challenge – Achieve the highest number of melee kills on other players.
- Near Misses Challenge – Perform as many near misses as you can with other vehicles while driving a land vehicle.
- No Crashes Challenge – Drive the furthest distance in a land vehicle without crashing.
- Reverse Driving Challenge – Drive a land vehicle in reverse for the longest distance without crashing.
- Sniper Kills Challenge – Achieve the highest number of sniper rifle kills on players.
- Vehicles Stolen Challenge – Steal the most vehicles in the time limit.
How to Start Freemode Challenges in GTA Online
It’s important to note that Freemode Challenges will not trigger or begin unless you have at least four other players in your GTA Online game.
Once you do, you’ll then find that one of the 19 challenges listed above will appear at the bottom of the screen. Simply go about the world and complete them however you see fit.
Each challenge lasts for about 12 minutes, before being replaced by the next one, so make the most of the time.
Your cash and RP rewards will automatically be given to you upon completing the Freemode Challenge.
That’s everything you need to know on how to start Freemode Challenges in GTA Online. For more tips, tricks, and guides on the game, be sure to search for Twinfinite, or check out more of our coverage below.
- GTA Online: How to Get Aircraft Carrier
- New GTA Online: The Cayo Perico Heist Trailer Shows off El Rubio, Massive Parties, & More
- GTA Online’s Funky New Night Club “The Music Locker” Revealed in First Teaser & Screenshots
- GTA Online Gets New Heist and More in December
- Latest GTA Online Update Brings New Cars, Missions Gameplay Fixes, & More