This Borderlands 3 event has brought in many new pieces of gear, absolutely on par with full DLC releases. There’s something for everyone, whether you do want a new gun, a grenade mod, or even new shields. Let’s face it, everyone could use a new shield, especially when this new shield is legendary. Here’s how to get the Wattson legendary shield.
How to Get the Wattson Legendary Shield in Borderlands 3
The method for farming event legendary gear is actually all the same. For the most part, it all comes down to getting the Joey Ultraviolet boss fight at the end of Maurice’s quest. While it’s slightly annoying to farm this boss fight, as it requires defeating certain enemies every single time you want to re-run the quest, there are other methods.
If you own the Handsome Jackpot DLC, you might remember the Scraptrap Prime fight to obtain the Lucky 7. There are dozens of Claptrap units that swarm for you to take down before the boss arrives. With Revenge of the Cartels, these Claptraps can spawn in cartel members. As there are so many of them, it increases the chances of Joey Ultraviolet’s mini-bosses spawning. Any of these can drop their gear, but it’s slightly more rare than just running the boss fight, as tedious as the process may be.
Turning on Mayhem mode will make a difference, even if you only set it to Mayhem 1, just to help drop rates.
Stats and Perks
The Wattson operates similarly to a spike shield. Whenever you take damage, the Wattson fires off projectiles of random elemental types that will then do elemental damage. The random nature of the elements makes the Wattson not a shield you can fully depend on, but for anyone with an elemental focused build, it’s a good tool to have.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
In summary, here’s how to get the Wattson legendary shield:
- Farm the Joey Ultraviolet boss fight, accessible through progressing Maurice’s quest(s).
- OPTIONAL: If you have the Handsome Jackpot DLC, journey to the Scraptrap Prime boss fight (details here) and farm the Claptrap enemies, occasionally the event mini-bosses will spawn.
- As always, it is recommended you do this with your game set to at least Mayhem 1, just to help with drop rates.
That’s it folks, all you need for how to get the Wattson legendary shield in Borderlands 3.
For all the rest of your legendary guide needs, head on over the Borderlands 3 Guide Wiki.
- Gearbox Details Borderlands 3 DLC Bounty of Blood; Teases DLC Pack 4
- Borderlands 3 Mayhem 2.0: How to Get Reflux Legendary Shotgun
- Borderlands 3 Mayhem 2.0: How to Get Backburner Legendary Launcher
- Borderlands 3 Mayhem 2.0: How to Get DNA Legendary SMG
- Borderlands 3 Revenge of the Cartels: How to Get Fish Slap Legendary Grenade