In the base/original Borderlands 3, Mayhem mode was a nice reward for beating the game and provided some nice additional farming, and legendary weapons were everywhere. Now that Mayhem 2.0 has been released it has taken farming even further, and added new legendary weapons to go with it, using the loot pools of base game bosses to deliver them, such as the case with this one. Here’s how to get the Multi-Tap legendary pistol including stats and perks.
How to Get the Multi-Tap Legendary Pistol in Borderlands 3
Mayhem 2.0 legendary weapons come with their very own farming difficulty. In this case, you will need to be on Mayhem 6 for the chance at getting a Multi-Tap.
Make your way to Skywell-27 within the Promethea travel menu. Your best bet is to sprint all the way through as you don’t need to fight anything on the way. Your goal is the Katagawa Ball boss fight, though he’s definitely tough, especially with the added 3,000% boost to shields and armor given by Mayhem 6.
As this gun is just so strong, it is advised you seek out The Monarch as the damage alone is enough to take some of the trouble out of the fight. Having The Transformer shield is also advised, as if Katagawa Ball can’t hurt you with shock, it removes something you’d need to worry about.
For any additional tips, please visit Twinfinite’s guide for Katagawa Ball.
Stats and Perks
The Multi-Tap, for the most part, is a standard Atlas weapon and has a secondary that fires a tracking shot. However, the Multi-Tap fires a tracking grenade and anything that gets hit and marked by it will have bullets fired seek them out.
While this may sound like it will drain the magazine, it doesn’t it fires at multiple enemies at absolutely no additional ammo cost. It’s great for crowd control, with good enough damage for even one-on-one fights.
When it is time to reload, cryo rockets are shot at every single currently tagged enemy. For a pistol, the Multi-Tap is quite versatile.
To summarize obtaining the Multi-Tap:
- Put your game into Mayhem 6, make sure to reroll the modifiers to your liking.
- Journey through Skywell-27 to the Katagawa Ball boss fight.
- Use this guide for the fight if you are having trouble.
As promised, you now know everything for how to get the Multi-Tap legendary pistol in Borderlands 3.
- Gearbox Details Borderlands 3 DLC Bounty of Blood; Teases DLC Pack 4
- Borderlands 3 Mayhem 2.0: How to Get Reflux Legendary Shotgun
- Borderlands 3 Mayhem 2.0: How to Get Backburner Legendary Launcher
- Borderlands 3 Revenge of the Cartels: How to Get Wattson Legendary Shield
- Borderlands 3 Mayhem 2.0: How to Get DNA Legendary SMG