How do you feel about Mayhem? Not the crazed anarchy, but instead, the nice Borderlands 3 difficulty boost. If you’re not currently farming the new Mayhem 6 exclusive legendary weapons you certainly should be, and that’s where Twinfinite comes in. Here’s how to get the Backburner legnedary rocket launcher including stats and perks.
How to get the Backburner Legendary Rocket Launcher in Borderlands 3
The Backburner, being one of the weapons added with the Mayhem 2.0 update, can only be found on Mayhem 6 or higher.
Travel to the Guts of Carnivora on Pandora. The map isn’t the most fun maze, but at the end of the area you will find the Agonizer 9000 boss. As with any Mayhem 2.0 guide, the best thing to do is first farm for The Monarch. It puts up some impressive damage and can cut a lot of time out of the Agonizer 9000 fight, lowering needed time to farm.
Stats and Perks
As you can see, the alien barrel means this won’t fire like a normal rocket launcher. The Backburner fires a large orb that upon exploding will spawn a shower of arcing explosive shots to rain back down around where it went off.
As you can tell, the “burn” in the name Backburner doesn’t mean the gun will only ever spawn as a fire. This specific drop does radiation. As far as rocket launchers go, this one is good if you need to law down elemental damage over a small area.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
To summarize farming for the Backburner:
- Set your game to at least Mayhem 6 and fix the modifiers around to your liking.
- Travel to the Guts of Carnivora on Pandora.
- Agonizer 9000 is at the end of the area, impossible to miss as long as you are progressing through the map.
- Recommended: Farm for The Monarch and bring one with you.
That’s all there is to know for how to get the Backburner legendary rocket launcher in Borderlands 3.
For more Mayhem 2.0 legendary weapon guides, be sure to head on over to our Borderlands 3 Guide Wiki.
- Borderlands 3 Season 2 Introduces New Designer & Director’s Cut Game Modes
- Borderlands 3 Next-Gen Upgrade Set to Launch Day-and-Date With New Consoles
- Borderlands 3’s Latest Hotfix Preps Game for Bloody Harvest Event
- Borderlands 3 Offers Free Next-Gen Upgrade; Adding New Skill Trees and Crossplay
- Borderlands 3 Fantastic Fustercluck: How to Get Plus Ultra Legendary Shield