Nintendo’s uber-popular life sim game on the Switch, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, received a new update last night, version 1.2.1 to be exact, and while it’s never fun to be the bearer of bad news, this update doesn’t do much.
According to Nintendo’s patch notes for the 1.2.1 update for Animal Crossing, it “addressed issues to further ensure an enjoyable gaming experience,” –that’s it.
If you’re someone who has been dabbling with exploits and glitches, we recommend not updating your game until you wrap up all of your business. It’s worth noting that until you update your game, you will not be able to participate in any online activities such as visiting another player’s island and vice versa.
Nevertheless, if you have yet to download and install the latest patch, you can just follow the steps down below and you should be all set up:
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
- Check Out This Insane Fan-Made Animal Crossing Time Traveling Short
- Animal Crossing Player Transforms Their Island Into a Spirited Away Oasis
- Isabelle Tries Elden Ring in This Fan-Made Animal Crossing Animation
- Modder Turns Gen 9 Starter Pokemon Into Animal Crossing: New Horizons Villagers
- Now You Can Find Animal Crossing Star Fragments in Real Life, in Candy Form