The Resident Evil series has entered a renaissance period of sorts ever since the release of Resident Evil 7, and Capcom is keeping the momentum going by releasing a remake of yet another classic game, Resident Evil 3. The game takes us back to Raccoon City, and puts us in the shoes of Jill Valentine as she tries to escape the city while avoiding the terrifying Nemesis. Here’s how to open yellow locks in Resident Evil 3.
Opening Yellow Locks in Resident Evil 3
As you go around exploring Raccoon City, you’ll occasionally come across lockers and briefcases that are being held shut by a bright yellow lock. You won’t be able to open these with any of the weapons you have, so if you spot one early on in the game, you’ll just need to make a mental note of where they are and come back to them later.
In order to open them, Jill, the master of unlocking, will require a lockpick. Thankfully, you can get the lockpick within the first couple hours of the game. You just need to progress through the story until you arrive at the Subway Power Station, where you’re tasked with flipping four breakers to restore power.
Right before entering the maze where the four breakers are, you’ll find a corpse outside the gate, with an item that you can pick up. Pick it up to receive a box, then examine the box in your inventory to get the lockpick. From this point on, if you have the lockpick in your inventory, you’ll be able to open any of the yellow locks you come across in Resident Evil 3.
The lockpick only takes up one inventory slot, but you’ll still need to plan around that as you’re exploring new areas in the game.
To recap, here’s how to open yellow locks in Resident Evil 3:
- Progress through the game until you reach the Subway Power Station.
- Before entering the maze with the four breakers, examine the corpse nearby to find a box.
- Examine the box to get the lockpick, which allows you to open those locks.
That’s all you need to know about how to open yellow locks in Resident Evil 3. Be sure to search for Twinfinite or check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Capcom Plans to Release “Multiple Major” Games This Fiscal Year; Resident Evil 3 Has Shipped 2.5 Million Units
- 5 Best Resident Evil 3 Remake Mods You Need to Try
- A Beginner’s Guide to Resident Evil 3 Speedrunning
- Resident Evil 3’s Inferno Difficulty Has Been Beaten With No Damage Taken & No Infinite Ammo
- Resident Evil 2 vs. Resident Evil 3: Which Is the Better Remake?