Almost right from the start, as you work your way through the Downtown area of Resident Evil 3 Remake, you’ll encounter both lockers and doors that are sealed shut with yellow padlocks. Some of these are called “Simple Locks,” while others are just denoted on the map with a red line. Either way, you’re not going to be able to open them without the right tool. Here’s how to get the Lockpick in Resident Evil 3 Remake.
How to Get the Lockpick in Resident Evil 3 Remake
The lockpick is located in the Subway Power Substation, but there are two other items you’ll need before you’re able to get there. Namely, the fire hose and the bolt cutters.
Specifically, the lockpick is found after passing through the Control Room and then down the stairs into an outdoor area that you’ll notice is covered in some sort of funky substance. Pick up the items and then run past the padlocked door down the alleyway. You should see a dead body resting up against the metal fence with something in his grasp. He’s pictured below.
Grab the box and then, once it is in your inventory, examine it. The lockpick is inside. You can now open any Simple Lock or yellow padlock. Just walk up to either and you will be prompted to select an item from your inventory — select the lockpick.
From the location you found the lockpick, you can opt to either press on into the Power Substation or backtrack and pick up all the items inside the areas that were previously inaccessible.
That is everything there is to know about how to get the lockpick in Resident Evil 3 Remake. For more handy tips and guides, Twinfinite’s extensive guide wiki specifically for the game has everything you need.
- Capcom Announces Record Q2 Profit Among “Solid” Resident Evil 3 & Catalog Games Sales
- Resident Evil 3 Remake Filled With Mods Is a Hilarious & Chaotic Mess
- Resident Evil 3 Remake Mod Turns Jill, Carlos, & Nemesis Into Fall Guys
- Massive Xbox Ultimate Game Sale Now Live; Discounts on Resident Evil 3, Maneater, & More
- Resident Evil 3 Shipped 2.7 Million Units; Monster Hunter World at 16 Million & Iceborne at 5.8 Million