Once you’ve completed Mount and Blade 2’s tutorial section you’re left entirely to your own devices. One of the first activities we’d recommend is to go and battle small groups of bandits in the local area. Not only will this help you get the hang of the combat but it’ll also net you loot and prisoners. Here’s how to recruit prisoners in Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord.
How to Recruit Prisoners in Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord
As we’ve alluded to in our guide on how to sell prisoners, the bandits/looters or soldiers you take after battle are an easy source of money in the early game. But it’s not always advisable to immediately get rid of prisoners. For one thing, hiring new troops isn’t cheap, and prisoners offer a far less expensive way of bulking out your army.
To recruit prisoners, wait a day or two after capturing them. Then, open your party menu by press “P,” then observe the units you have on the right-hand side. You’ll see the prisoners listed under your enlisted troops. Click on their tab and then you’ll see an option to recruit them. You can hold “Shift” to recruit prisoners in batches of 5 for convenience.
Recruiting prisoners doesn’t cost anything. You’ll later be able to upgrade Looter prisoners to more powerful infantry types, just as you would any other soldier. Again, this is why they are such a cost-efficient investment.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown on how to recruit prisoners:
- Capture one or more prisoners by winning a battle, then make sure you take them with you when presented with the opportunity (pressing Tab after a battle).
- Wait a day or two.
- Open your party menu with “P” or by selecting it from the menu at the bottom of the screen. Click on the “Prisoner” tab and then notice the recruit option. Either press once per prisoner or hold “Shift” and press to recruit in batches of 5.
That is everything you need to know about how to recruit prisoners in Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord. For more useful guides on the game, search Twinfinite. Relevant content is listed below for your convenience.
- Mount and Blade 2: How to Make Money Fast
- Mount and Blade 2: How to Get Charcoal
- Mount and Blade 2: How to Get Companions
- Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord Launches in Early Access This March
- Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord Gets an Early Access Release Date & New Trailer