While you start out with just a handful of troops under your command, it won’t be long before scoring victories against plundering bandits and looters requires more than just a rag-tag bunch of low-level soldiers. Bigger battles call for more troops, but first, you’ll need to earn the right to lead more substantial armies. Here’s how to increase your party size in Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord.
How to Increase Party Size in Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord
Increasing your party size can be done in several different ways, but your main concern should be raising your clan tier. This is achieved by earning “renown” after successful battles. The amount of renown you will earn is determined by how much the odds are stacked against you; taking on more difficult enemies will earn renown quickly.
It is for this reason we advise you to take on large groups of “Looters” early on in the game. They are easy to beat, but the game will reward you quite a bit for winning against a higher number than your own party. For example, 20 Looters are easy meat for 15 of your own troops, assuming they have at least some experience.
Remember that targeting Sea Raiders, Mountain Bandits, and Forst Bandits is a more difficult task. They aren’t the same as Looters.
Here’s each clan tier, its renown requirement, and how much it will increase your party size:
- Clan Tier 1 – 50 renown: +25 Party, +1 companion
- Clan Tier 2 – 150 renown: +1 companion, + 1 clan party, +15 all parties in clan
- Clan Tier 3 – 350 renown: +1 companion, + 1 clan party, +15 all parties in clan
- Clan Tier 4 – 900 renown: +1 companion, + 1 clan party, +15 all parties in clan
- Clan Tier 5 – 2,350 renown: +1 companion, +15 all parties in clan
In case you weren’t already aware, you can view your clan tier from the Clan menu. If you hover over the Tier number it will tell you how much renown you have already.
Perks That Increase Party Size
Beyond just increasing your clan tier, there are several perks for both your character and your companions that can increase the number of troops under your command.
The most obvious is the Steward skill tree, which offers three perks that directly increase your clan size. These require quite a bit of XP to get, but they will benefit you significantly once you have your own settlements and, possibly, empire. The perks are as follows:
- Bannerlord – Level 100: +2 to party size for each fief you own.
- Swords As Tribute – Level 150: +10 to party size for every vassal.
- Man-at-Arms – Level 175: +5 to party size for each fief you own.
You’ll also find perks under other skill branches such as Leadership, Trade, Bow, Riding, and throwing that all increase clan size, but these aren’t quite as impactful as the Steward branch.
That should give you a good idea of how to increase your party size in Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord. For more useful guides and information on the game, Twinfinite has you covered. Use the search function from the main page to look up keywords.
- Ghost of Tsushima Legends: Best Classes, Ranked
- Glastrier or Spectrier: Which Should You Choose?
- Regieleki or Regidrago: Which Should You Choose in Pokemon Crown Tundra
- Pokemon Crown Tundra: How to Get Ability Patch & What it Does
- FIFA 21: How to Complete Rulebreakers Mukiele Objectives