As its name would suggest, you’ll be doing a lot of horse riding in Mount & Blade 2. Whether it’s exploring the game’s different sandbox villages and cities or charging into combat, horse riding is both a convenience and a powerful tool in battle. But sometimes, you just want to get off the damn thing and stretch your legs! So, here’s how to get off a horse in Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord if you’re struggling to work it out.
How to Get Off a Horse in Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord
If you skipped the tutorial in Mount & Blade 2 then you’ll actually start the game on horseback. Perhaps that’s why you aren’t up to speed with the controls? Regardless, the correct key is “Z.”
However, that’s not quite the end of the story because you won’t just automatically dismount as soon as you hit the button. Mount & Blade 2 requires you to be completely stopped on your horse before it allows you to actually get off.
If you’re traveling at speed and want to quickly dismount, hold backwards to slow yourself as fast as possible. Even a slow walk is enough to prevent you from dismounting, so do make sure you are at a standstill.
And that’s all there is to getting off your horse. Here’s the tl;dr if you’re scanning the page:
- Make sure you are completely stopped. Hold “S” (backwards) to lose speed if you’re in a rush.
- Press “Z” to get off your horse.
That does it for how to get off a horse in Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord. For more useful tips and guides on the game, Twinfinite has you covered. Just use the search function from the main page and type in a keyword.
If for whatever reason you don’t find what you’re looking for then feel free to drop a comment below and we’ll do our best to help.
- Destiny 2: Best Grenade Launchers for PvE, PvP, Gambit (2020)
- Destiny 2: Best Sidearms for PvE, PvP, Gambit (2020)
- Destiny 2: Best Deep Stone Crypt Raid Weapons, All 6 Ranked
- Sackboy A Big Adventure: How to Play Splitscreen Multiplayer
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Where to Find King Burgred’s Hideout