Final Fantasy 7 Remake has finally arrived and it has more than lived up to the crazy hype surrounding it. The reason it is so great is because not only is it retelling one of the greatest video game stories ever told, it features a combat system that is very unique, blending elements of action and traditional JRPG combat. Finding a game that matches 1:1 to it is pretty much impossible, but that doesn’t mean we can’t get close. Here are five games like Final Fantasy 7 Remake if you’re looking for something similar.
Games Like Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Of all the games on this list, NieR: Automata is probably the one that comes closest to hitting every beat that Final Fantasy 7 Remake does.
NieR: Automata has fast-paced ARPG action that occasionally infuses elements from other genres.
It also has an engrossing story that is among the most critically acclaimed this entire generation. It’s a tale about robots in a post-apocalyptic world and explores what it means to be alive and to suffer.
While few games can top the visuals and sounds that are on display in Final Fantasy 7 Remake, NieR: Automata features one of the best soundtracks this generation and isn’t a slouch visually either.
All these things combined to make it one of our top games of 2017, and if you’re looking for another S-Tier modern RPG to play after Final Fantasy 7 Remake, NieR: Automata should be your first stop.
- 4K & HD Final Fantasy 7 Remake Wallpapers You Need to Make Your Desktop Background
- How to Get the Best Dress for Cloud in Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- 7 Big Questions We Have After Beating Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Spoilers)
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Best Materia Combinations & Builds
- Inside Final Fantasy 7 Remake Episode 5 Is About Its Superb Graphics