In an unexpected reveal during the middle of Tuesday this week, Sony Interactive Entertainment decided to unveil the new wireless controller for the upcoming PS5 home console. The DualSense controller drops the DualShock line of naming and has a couple of new features that will surely change the way that some video games are played.
As you can see in the image above, Sony’s official design for the controller is almost all white with some black coloring around the two control sticks. The bumpers and triggers are also black and the light bar has been split into two small lines that sit on both sides of the touchpad.
Some folks online have shown disinterest in the new controller, which has led to people creating their own mockup designs of the DualSense and they are very impressive:
These classic variations from badnewsco on Reddit look great with the colored buttons and that PlayStation logo in the middle looks very slick. Can I get one of those silver ones? Please?
Instead of creating controller designs solely around color, DormStreams went another route and made DualSense mockups based on popular Sony IP, such as Spider-Man, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and God of War.
That Spider-Man one really speaks to me.
Here are some other ones that look really neat too:
(Featured image from @Laser_Cowboy11)
- Sony Announces PS5 Reveal Event For Next Week; Black DualSense Controller Teased
- Sony Reportedly Tells Devs All New PS4 Games Must Run on PS5 From July 13
- The Last of Us Part II Gameplay Will Be Revealed in New PlayStation State of Play (But No PS5 News)
- Outriders for PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, & PC Revealing New Gameplay Next Week; Teaser Released
- Outriders for PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, & PC Gets New Screenshots Showing its Characters