It was the weapon vending machines in Borderlands 2 (in Marcus’ booming voice) that said: “guns! I’ve got them, you need them!” That statement has never been more true than with the new Borderlands 3 DLC with its pile of new legendary weapons to seek out and cling to as you punch through hoards of angry skag. We are here on the topic of finding one specific legendary. Here is how to get the Love Drill Legendary Pistol in Borderlands 3 Guns, Love & Tentacles, including stats and perks.
Spoiler Alert: We’ll be talking about the final boss of this DLC.
How to Get Love Drill Legendary Pistol in Borderlands 3
The only way to get to the boss that drops the Love Drill is to follow through the main quest line of the DLC. At the very end of The Call of Gynthian quest, which is the very last main quest that takes you through the Heart’s Desire, you will come up against a boss called Eleanor and the Heart.
Despite the name, most of the fight is against Eleanor until you do have to break crystals on the heart. When enough damage is done you will once again fight Eleanor, and upon defeat, she has the chance to drop the Love Drill. As she is the final boss, this fight is required, so you are guaranteed one shot at obtaining the Love Drill per playthrough.
Love Drill’s Stats and Perks
As you can see with the Love Drill, it has a 20% chance to deal double damage with shock. It’s unusual for Jakobs to have elements, usually they stick to baseline damage output, no tricks.
At level 54 this Love Drill does 1000 damage, with a 1-in-5 chance of hitting 2000 as shock. That’s a solid hit. Considering both the base ammo count and that many characters have a skill that boosts magazine size, at least once before reloading you should be hitting something for double damage.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
In sum, to get the Love Drill you must:
- Progress the DLC main quest to The Call of Gynthian quest, it is the final mission.
- Fight final boss Eleanor and the Heart at the end of the Heart’s Desire area.
- There will be a small cutscene before you can collect your loot if this is the first time beating the boss.
That’s all you need to know for how to get the Love Drill Legendary Pistol in Borderlands 3 Guns, Love & Tentacles.
For more guides on how to get your hands on other legendary weapons in the Borderlands 3 DLC, check out our Guide Wiki. Happy hunting!
- Borderlands 3 Update Adds Final Director’s Cut Vault Card and New Event
- Borderlands 3 Is Getting Cross-Play, But Not on PlayStation
- Borderlands 3 Is Not, in Fact, Coming to Switch, 2K Confirms
- PS Now Adds Marvel’s Avengers, Borderlands 3, & The Long Dark in April
- Borderlands 3’s Show Me The Eridium Event is Live, New DLC Incoming