At this point, everyone probably already knows about Kasumi Yoshizawa as the brand new playable character in Persona 5 Royal. However, there’s actually a second new character that’s also been added to the game, and he’s got quite a bit to offer as well. Here’s how to start the Takuto Maruki Councillor Confidant in Persona 5 Royal.
Starting the Takuto Maruki Councillor Confidant in Persona 5 Royal
Takuto Maruki is a school counselor that gets introduced to the story shortly after you’ve cleared the first main dungeon, Kamoshida’s Castle. As part of the story, you’ll be introduced to Maruki himself on 5/30, and you’ll be able to spend time with him after school in your personal counseling sessions.
From this point on, you can choose to spend time with him like any other Confidant in the game. He can be found in the Practice Building corridor after school.
It’s worth noting that the Councillor Confidant progression seems to halt if you complete rank 5 before the fifth story dungeon. If this happens, you’ll just need to clear the fifth dungeon and progress through the story before you can continue with the Confidant.
Councillor Confidant Skills
Each time you rank up with Maruki, the main character’s max SP will increase by five points. We’ve listed all the available skills down below as well:
- Detox X: When Joker is inflicted with an ailment, he may recover immediately.
- Flow: Chance to receive the effects of Charge and Concentrate at the start of battle.
- Mindfulness: Chance to restore Joker’s SP when it is low.
- Flow Boost: Raises the chance of Flow succeeding.
- Detox DX: Raises the chance of Detox X succeeding.
- Wakefulness: Raises the SP recovered from Mindfulness.
That’s all you need to know about how to start the Takuto Maruki Councillor Confidant in Persona 5 Royal. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.