Fans of the original Nioh will be familiar with William Adams as the main protagonist of that game. With Nioh 2, Team Ninja has opted to give players access to a detailed character creator instead, which means that you can now create your very own avatar instead of having to play as Williams. However, if that’s not to your liking, there’s a solution. Here’s how to play as William Adams in Nioh 2.
Playing as William Adams in Nioh 2
Just like in the first game, where you could make use of a Transformation mechanic to take on the appearance of other characters you met along the way, the same applies for Nioh 2 as well. By using Transformation, you can make your character take on the appearance of William himself. It’ll be like he never left.
To do this, you do need a save file from the original game on your console. When interacting with a shrine, choose the Boons option and the game will scan your system for any bonuses you might be eligible for. If it detects a Nioh save file, you’ll unlock William Adams for Transformation back at the hut.
While on the world map, go to the Starting Point menu and choose the Hut option. From here, choose the Change Your Appearance option, then choose Transformation.
You’ll see William as one of your available options, so select him, and your character will take on his appearance. You can change this anytime you go back to the hut, so you’re not stuck with your decision forever.
To recap, here’s how to play as William Adams in Nioh 2:
- While at a shrine, choose the Boons option to have the game scan your system for a save file from the original game.
- From the world map, go to the Starting Point menu and choose the Hut option.
- Choose the Change Your Appearance option.
- Choose the Transformation option, then select William.
That’s all you need to know about how to play as William Adams in Nioh 2. Be sure to search for Twinfinite or check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Nioh 2 DLC Gets First Gameplay, Trailer, and New Details Ahead of Tomorrow’s Release
- Nioh 2 Director Talks Potential New Settings, Success, & More; Gives Shout-Out to Ghost of Tsushima
- Nioh 2 Surpasses 1 Million Sales as Update 1.09 Arrives; The Tengu’s Disciple DLC Coming in July
- Nioh 2 Yasakani Magatama Explained: How to Get, What It Does
- Nioh 2: Tips & Tricks for Beginners