Doom Eternal is full of dangerous enemies, some being new and some returning from previous games in the series. So that you can clear out the rooms easily in the latter missions, here’s everything you need to know about how to kill the Archvile enemy in Doom Eternal.
The Archvile is probably the most confusing enemy you’ll come across in the entirety of the game. At least that’s true when you first encounter it. That being said, it’s not the most challenging enemy, providing you know how to take them on properly.
How to Kill Archvile Enemy in Doom Eternal
It has the ability to summon other demons and they’re surrounded with an orange/red glow, making it seem like a Buff Totem is nearby for you to destroy. In fact, there isn’t one.
Actually, the only way to stop more demons spawning is to kill the Archvile that will be nearby. First, find it and make it the focus of all your attacks. Ignore everything else for now and make Blood Punching its shield your first priority.
Then, just work away on it with whatever weapons you have. It’s slow for the most part, but it’s able to teleport to other parts of the arena. Kill it, get it out of the way, and then move back to the rest of the enemies around you.
Time needed: 3 minutes.
In short, to kill an Archvile in Doom Eternal:
- First, work out if it’s a Buff Totem or an Archvile that’s causing enemies to spawn.
- Find the Archvile and use Blood Punch to take away its shield.
- Blast it with any weapon you have, not stopping to attack another enemy until it is dead.
- New Doom Eternal The Ancient Gods Gameplay Trailer Revealed
- DOOM Eternal Adds Render Modes to Make Your Screenshots Look Even More Awesome
- DOOM Eternal The Ancient Gods Expansion Revealed in New Teaser
- Doom Eternal, Elder Scrolls Online Coming to PS5 & Xbox Series X
- Why Doom Eternal’s Easy Mode Is Actually Its Most Satisfying