Patch 5.2 is a pretty exciting release for Final Fantasy XIV players, as we’re finally getting some new story content, along with the continuation of the Eden raid series. Here’s how to clear the Eden’s Verse Refulgence E8 raid in FFXIV.
Eden’s Verse Refulgence E8 Raid in FFXIV
For this final battle in the second tier of Eden raids, we’ll be facing off against Shiva. Here are all the moves and mechanics you need to be aware of:
- Absolute Zero: Group-wide attack. Heal through as necessary.
- Redress: Look away as Shiva changes clothes during this cast to avoid getting stunned. Alternate casts of Redress will cover the arena in ice.
- Axe Kick/Scythe Kick: Comes after alternate casts of Redress. For Scythe Kick, she spawns a large donut AoE and the only safe spot is in her hit box. For Axe Kick, she spawns a large circular AoE on herself, run away and dodge as necessary.
- Driving Frost: Cone AoE attack directly behind Shiva, dodge as necessary.
- Double Slap: Tank buster. Use cooldowns and heal through as necessary.
- Diamond Frost: Group-wide attack. Heal through as necessary.
- In the middle of the fight, multiple players will get hit with different markers. You can get hit with white proximity arrow markers, the orange following markers, or the regular red arrows. Move to the sides and spread out from each other to avoid overlapping damage. Players with the orange following markers need to keep moving while avoiding other players to dodge three quick AoE attacks.
- Heavenly Strike: Shiva pushes all players away from her. Stack on her location to avoid getting pushed off the arena.
- Mirror, Mirror: Shiva spawns two mirrors at the side of the arena. At this point, watch Shiva’s moves and keep them in mind as the mirrors will copy her attacks. For instance, if Shiva uses Scythe Kick with the donut AoE, the mirrors will also use a donut AoE attack for the next cast, in which case the safe spot would be directly on the mirrors’ positions themselves. Watch Shiva’s moves, make a note of the strike zones and safe spots, and be ready to dodge the move again with the mirrors. Mirrors can also mimic the Biting/Driving Frost attacks with the front and back cone AoEs.
- Biting Frost: Huge cone AoE that hits everything in front and to the sides of Shiva. The only safe spot is behind her.
Midway through the fight, there will be an add phase where you have to stop the Flood of Light before the cast completes. Multiple aether enemies will spawn at the side of the arena, DPS them down as quickly as possible.
In between waves, you’ll see two crystals with tethers to the giant crystal in the middle. Have one player take a tether each and keep it away from the rest of the team to absorb damage. Players will take damage between each wave of adds, so healers need to be ready.
Shiva Second Phase
The second phase of the fight plays out the same way, and mechanics will repeat with more intensity. Mirror, Mirror will start to spawn four mirrors instead of two as well. There are a few new moves to take note of:
- Holy: Impact attack in the center of the arena. Move to the edges to lessen damage. Her second Holy cast will be the same, except that it’s quickly followed up with multiple impact attacks at the sides of the arena. Run to the edge to avoid damage from the first impact attack, then run back to the middle to avoid the second wave of damage.
- Light Rampant: Group-wide attack. Heal through as necessary.
- The Path of Light: Four circles spawn in the middle of the arena, with meteors slowly descending towards them. Have at least one player in each circle to mitigate damage. At the same time, two other players will have red markers on them. They need to spread out and move away from other players to avoid damaging the team.
- Twin Silence: Cone AoE attack directly behind Shiva, followed by cone AoE attack directly in front of her and to her sides. Move to her front first, then immediately back to avoid damage.
- Spiteful Dance: Huge circular AoE around Shiva, followed by donut AoE. Run away from her first, then immediately stack on her hit box to avoid damage.
Once Shiva drops to 10% HP, she’ll start casting Absolute Zero over and over. Burn her down as quickly as possible or she’ll wipe the party. After clearing this phase, there’s one more DPS check at the end of the fight where everyone needs to burn down the ice. There are no other mechanics to take note of during this final bit.
That’s all you need to know about how to clear the Eden’s Verse Refulgence E8 raid. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game. If you’re looking for guides on E5 or the new Anamnesis Anyder dungeon, we’ve got you covered as well.