Patch 5.2 is finally out for Final Fantasy XIV, which means that the second tier of Eden raids is available as well. Here’s how to clear the Eden’s Verse Iconoclasm E7 raid in FFXIV.
Eden’s Verse Iconoclasm E7 Raid in FFXIV
Eden’s Verse Iconoclasm, or E7 for short, will have you facing off against an enemy called the Idol of Darkness. Here are all the moves that you need to be aware of.
- Empty Wave: Group-wide attack. Heal through as necessary.
- Unshadowed Stake: One player gets tethered. This player needs to move away from the group to avoid hitting anyone else with damage.
- Words of Motion: The white flying enemies start to cluster at the front of the arena in four large orbs. Similar to the final boss mechanic in Mt. Gulg, the orbs that form first will deal damage first in a straight line, followed by the next two orbs that formed second. Avoid the first orbs until the damage goes through, then stand there to avoid the damage from the second orbs.
- Voidgates: Red and blue voidgates will appear in pairs around the arena. Red fires first, followed by blue, and if you get caught in the blast, you’ll take damage and also be pushed back. Be careful not to get knocked off the arena if you get caught, and avoid as necessary.
- Away with Thee: A voidgate spawns at your feet. An accompanying portal also appears, connected to the voidgate that spawns on you. Face in a safe direction so that you’ll get transported to the portal once the timer runs down. There will be AoEs, so try to position the portal in a safe spot.
- False Twilight: Multiple AoEs spawn on the ground. Two players will be marked with orange stack markers. Both players need to be separate from each other, and the rest of the members need to split themselves up between both stack markers to share the damage.
- Unjoined Aspect: You’ll received either the Umbral Effect or Astral Effect debuff. White and purple orbs will then spawn at the front of the arena, dealing damage in a straight line. If you’re Umbral (purple), stand in front of the white orbs. If you’re Astral (white), stand in front of the purple orbs. After tanking the first wave of damage from the orbs, your Effect will swap, and you’ll then need to stand in front of the opposite colored orb.
About midway through the Eden’s Verse Iconoclasm E7 fight, you’ll have an add phase where you have to deal with Idolatry enemies. These are fairly easy to handle, but you’ll also have to be aware of the Away with Thee voidgate spawns, and make sure you land at a safe spot during combat.
In the second half of the fight, the mechanics repeat with more intensity, and there’s a new move where two circles will spawn on the ground with meteors slowly descending towards them. Have at least one player standing in each circle to mitigate the damage.
That’s all you need to know about how to beat the Eden’s Verse Iconoclasm E7 raid in FFXIV. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game. If you’re looking for help on E5 or the new Anamnesis Anyder dungeon, we’ve got you covered as well.