Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will get a new patch today, December 11, adding a much-requested photo mode, among other things. One of the best trends in modern gaming, photo mode will let you pause the action and adjust the camera in a number of ways to snap those perfect shots of Cal, lightsaber duels, Stormtroopers, and more.
Once the patch is applied, at a any time you’ll be able to press LS+RS (L3+R3) to enter photo mode. From here you can change a ton of options. Here’s everything.
- Camera Height
- Camera Rotate
- Focal Distance
- Film Grain
- Chromatic Aberration
- Hide player
- Hide AI
- Filter Strength
- Place Spotlight
- Remove Spotlight
- Spotlight Brightness
- Spotlight Warmth
- Hide UI
Jedi Fallen Order is a pretty impressive game, visually, so it’ll be interesting to see what shots fans create. The other big change in this patch lets you alter Cal’s lightsaber to an even greater degree, letting you remove a new specific part.
There’s a wide array of other small changes or addition, most of which address problems or help smooth out gameplay. You can find the full patch notes below, provided by EA via Reddit.
- A Photo Mode has been added and can be accessed from within the game by pressing L3 and R3 at the same time.
- Implemented a toggle that will allow you to remove a specific part of Cal’s lightsaber from within the customization menu.
- We’ve made a pass of the game in an effort to reduce the number of crashes you should encounter. The end result of this is now a more stable game.
- Fixed collision issues across several planets in the game
- Collision within the caves and temple on Zeffo have been improved, reducing clipping issues and lowering the possibility of Cal becoming stuck.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause Cal to become stuck in a floating state below the train on Bracca.
- We identified a few areas on Kashyyyk where Cal could fall out of the world, this will no longer happen.
- We’ve fixed some collision on Dathomir, preventing Cal from falling through the ground.
- Collision on Illum has also been improved, making sure that Cal doesn’t become stuck.
- During a fight with the Second Sister, it was possible for her to get stuck in a door. She has been freed.
- Bogano has had its collision improved, preventing Cal from becoming stuck on world geometry.
- In some rare cases, Cal was floating while on Kashyyyk. He has since been grounded.
- BD-1’s ability to slice panels was sometimes not working as intended, preventing you from progressing. This has been fixed and should no longer occur.
- A mural scan on Bogano wasn’t working properly, this should now be fixed.
- The train on Bracca could get stuck in a state where grates would fall off too early, preventing progress. We’ve fixed this so that Cal can continue climbing.
- On rare occasions Bounty Hunters would stop hunting Cal, we’ve now re-enabled their trackers, so be careful.
- For some players, BD-1 had gotten left behind on Bogano, preventing further progression. This should now be fixed.
- The chest count on some planets was not working as intended, this has been fixed.
- On rare occasions Greeze would refuse to open the ship doors and expose Cal to the sunlight on Dathomir. We’ve fixed this so that the story can continue.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Holomap areas and gates from not working properly on Dathomir, Kashyyyk and Bogano.
- An issue would sometimes occur that would cause the Holomap tutorial on Bogano to remain on-screen. This has been resolved and it should no longer occur.
- An elevator on Zeffo could lead to Cal getting stuck in an infinite loop, our maintenance crews have fixed this particular elevator.
- A dropship on Zeffo wasn’t showing up as intended, preventing the player from progressing further. We’ve ensured all landing zones are clear for arrival and this should no longer occur.
- PC players were having issues selecting difficulty with the mouse, this should now be resolved.
- We’ve fixed an issue where Cal could avoid enemies on Zeffo, to the extent that gameplay events wouldn’t trigger, halting progression to the story.
- On rare occasions cinematics on Dathomir get stuck in an error state, preventing progress. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would cause world loading issues on Kashyyyk for players with double jump. We’ve optimised the level to ensure loading completes properly.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is currently available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. You can take a look at our own review, and find out why we think Fallen Order is the best Star Wars game in years.