Do you know those weird Pokemon that evolve in strange ways like Onix, Eevee, and Roselia? Well, this new Pokemon GO Evolution Event will raise your chances of finding/battling Pokemon like this as well as evolution items.
Some Pokemon evolve with stones, some with held items, and others in ways that are just bonkers. During this evolution event in Pokemon Go will have players obtaining special items from raids, longer-lasting lure modules, and increased encounters with Pokemon that evolve in special ways.
This event will begin tomorrow on Dec. 5 and will run until Dec. 12 at 1 p.m. PT.
Here’s a list of all of the features to look forward to:
- Pokémon that evolve in unique ways—such as Onix, Eevee, Roselia, and Burmy—will be appearing more often in the wild, in raids, and in Field Research.
- Take on raids against Pokémon with unique Evolutions, like Lickitung, Scyther, Togetic, and Ralts!
- Find more 2 km Eggs that will hatch into Pokémon such as Tyrogue, Feebas, Burmy, and Happiny.
- Event-specific Field Research tasks that reward Evolution items, which can help you evolve certain Pokémon, will be available.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Burmy!
- All Lure Modules will last one hour for the duration of the event, including the Glacial, Magnetic, and Mossy Lure Modules.
- 2× XP when evolving Pokémon
- Evolution items from raids
Evolution Event Raid Day
Date + Time
- Saturday, December 7, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in your local time zone
- Encounter Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle in one-star raids.
- Encounter Ivysaur, Charmeleon, and Wartortle in two-star raids.
- Encounter Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise in four-star raids.
- Receive up to five additional Raid Passes during the Raid Day time period when you spin a Photo Disc at a Gym. These Raid Passes will not be available after the event period is over. You cannot hold more than one Raid Pass at once.
Make sure to get out there and go catch some Pokemon!