Pokemon Sword & Shield’s Pokedex isn’t quite plush with the full number of Pokemon from the entire franchise, but it still features 800 of them. That includes both Munchlax and its iconic evolution, but here’s how to get Munchlax and evolve it into Snorlax if you’re unsure.
How to Get Munchlax & Evolve Into Snorlax in Pokemon Sword & Shield
Your chances of actually catching a Munchlax are quite slim, but it is possible. Munchlax spawns in the Motostoke Riverbank Wild Area of the map during normal weather, or it can be caught from a 2-star Raid.
Since Snorlax can also be caught in the same area, if you do catch one then there’s a way of actually reverse engineering yourself a Munchlax. This is achieved through breeding and hatching eggs.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Once you have a Snorlax you’ll want to equip it with a Full Incense item, which can be purchased from the Herb Merchant in Hulbury.
- Now put your Snorlax in a Nursery along with a Ditto and wait for the results.
- Once the egg has spawned, wait for it to hatch and you should have yourself a cute little Munchlax.
Unlike other Pokemon in the game, Munchlax doesn’t evolve simply as a matter of course when it reaches a certain level or is given a specific item. Instead, it will only evolve if you’ve nurtured it properly and increased its happiness.
In order to increase its happiness and ensure that it evolves, make sure you play with your Pokemon at camps and be sure to cook and feed it plenty of curry.
That should be everything you need to know about how to get Munchlax and evolve it into Snorlax in Pokemon Sword & Shield. For more useful tips and guides on the game, refer to our extensive guide wiki.
Here’s some related content you might find helpful:
- How to Get Cufant & Evolve Into Copperajah
- How to Get Silicobra & Evolve Into Sandaconda
- What Snorlax’s Weaknesses Are
- How to Get BP