With the clocks going back, winter is truly setting in and it’s time for yellow footballs and cold nighttime matches. In case you’re after some team upgrades this week, here are our FIFA 20 Team of the Week 8 (TOTW 8) predictions.
Time needed: 1 minute.
How to Get FIFA 20 Team of the Week 8 Players (TOTW 8)
- Open Packs
Team of the Week players can be found in any gold pack. If the player has a base silver card, they can also be found in silver packs, and the case is the same for players with base bronze cards in FIFA 20.
- Buy Them From the Transfer Market
All TOTW players can be purchased from the transfer market. At this stage in the game, most will be cheap, but high rated or desirable cards will be expensive.
FIFA 20 Team of the Week 8 (TOTW 8) Predictions
- Joel Robles – GK – Real Betis – 81 OVR – Betis may have looked shaky, but managed to snatch a 0-0 draw, with Robles facing 22 shots and making some great saves.
- Kyle Walker – RB – Manchester City – 86 OVR – Always one of the most overpowered cards in the game, Walker got a goal and an assist in City’s 2-1 win this weekend.
- Matthijs De Ligt – CB – Juventus – 86 OVR – Scoring his first goal for Juventus at the right time, the young defender was key in the 1-0 win this weekend.
- Ivan Marcano – CB – Porto – 82 OVR – The ex-Roma man saved Porto this weekend, scoring the only goal as they beat Aves.
- Filip Kostic – RM – Eintracht Frankfurt – 84 OVR – Jerome Boateng may have been sent off after nine minutes, but it was still a shock to see Frankfurt beat Bayern 5-1. Kostic scored once and assisted another.
- Thorgan Hazard – RM – Dortmund – 84 OVR – Finally settling in at his new club, Hazard scored once and assisted another as Dortmund beat Wolfsburg 3-0.
- Christopher Nkunku – CM – RB Leipzig – 81 OVR – We’ll come to another Leipzig player who maybe outshone Nkunku, but with one goal and two assists, the young Frenchman is still in with a shout.
- Quincey Promes – LW – Ajax – 84 OVR – Hakim Ziyech for two assists and the MOTM award, David Neres for two goals, and Promes could all be in line for a TOTW 8 place. I think Promes will get the nod, even though he has a OTW, simply because he’s more of a pack selling name.
- Memphis Depay – ST – Lyon – 86 OVR – With a 95th minute winner, which was his second of the game, Depay saved Lyon in their 3-2 win at Toulouse.
- Timo Werner – ST – RB Leipzig – 86 OVR – This is the most nailed on TOTW prediction of all time. With three goals AND three assists in Leipzig’s 8-0 win over Mainz, Werner was the star of the show.
- Romelu Lukaku – ST – Inter Milan – 86 OVR – Maybe another OTW upgrade, Lukaku scored twice, including a 91st minute penalty, as Inter beat Bologna 2-1 away.
What Team of the Week Players Are & What’s Different?
Team of the Week players in FIFA 20 are just slightly upgraded versions of existing players in the game. They are awarded for good performances in real-world football and players’ rating gradually get higher as they get more and more in-forms.
You’ll notice them due to the card being black rather than gold. You’ll also see the flares in the tunnel as bright gold, rather than white as they are for standard gold players.
You can check out our predictions for FIFA 20 Team of the Week 8 (TOTW 8) in Ultimate Team above.
When Does Team of the Week 8 (TOTW 8) Go Live in FIFA 20?
The full team will be revealed via EA Sports’ Twitter account at 10 am ET on Wednesday, and the players will be released into packs at 1 pm the same day.